The Student Room Group

A/AS level results day countdown - The results day that never ended!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lightning720
A very interesting slide show from Ofqual can be found at the bottom of this page. Please take a look at it.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/awarding-qualifications-in-summer-2020#summer-symposium

An interesting table from this slideshow.

CAG.png
Original post by Theloniouss
likely to have stayed the same I think but more likely to go down than up

down? Crap. Thank u tho. I was hoping for AAB at least lol
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by justjas33
From an AS point of view - if before COVID your mock results were BBB, those grades are likely to go up by one or two grades or...?

Your mock results aren’t the grades submitted to the exam boards. Your teachers will have used those results plus your in class work and their experience in judging the difference between mock and final grades to come up with their estimated grade for you and then will have ranked you within that grade against everyone else in your school taking that subject.
Original post by PQ
Your mock results aren’t the grades submitted to the exam boards. Your teachers will have used those results plus your in class work and their experience in judging the difference between mock and final grades to come up with their estimated grade for you and then will have ranked you within that grade against everyone else in your school taking that subject.

Thanks for clearing this up :smile:
Original post by Lightning720
BBC News have also posted an article about this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-53492283

Yeah that’s actually a very large increase. The exam regulators say they are being Rey generous this y and giving the benefit of the doubt. Imagine, let’s say same number of people sit a levels this year as last year; in biology that’s an extra 1384 students getting an A/A* grade.
Reply 185
Original post by Banshee123
Yeah that’s actually a very large increase. The exam regulators say they are being Rey generous this y and giving the benefit of the doubt. Imagine, let’s say same number of people sit a levels this year as last year; in biology that’s an extra 1384 students getting an A/A* grade.

That is mad!! I’m now really hoping for an A in RE as I almost got it in my mocks and consistently got As in classwork etc. I think I can relax about sociology now too as I thought I’d get a D even though I’ve proven I can get Cs and for law, I’m low-key hoping for a B as if I had have sat exams, I could’ve come out with one based on my progress in class. In a nutshell, I’m no longer worried about results day.

It may look generous on a national level but because Ofqual and the exam boards don't care who gets what grade, there will be a significant minority which almost definetely will end up with wrong grades, especially if teachers gave grades which would have seen a 12% increase.

According to this twitter user, 1 in 10 grades may change. That is a lot. (I'll admit it now they may be wrong, but I believe there is enough data out there to work it out) - https://twitter.com/DrTmyron/status/1285671452713394177
A level
English literature
Religious studies
Applied science

unconditional offer for BCU
no grades required I'M IN

Starting uni September
Results are going to be more like 2018 results . In fact identical in chemistry
Original post by PQ

Okay, thank you for explaining that clearly
Reply 190
Results are going to be more like 2018 results . In fact identical in chemistry

Where'd you get that from
Original post by Dxng
Where'd you get that from

Umm results this yr gonna be 2% higher than last year . 2018 chemistry A/A* was 2% higher than last year.
Ok so how many weeks to go now?
Original post by bored_user:)

3 weeks and 1 day (as of when I'm writing this).
Original post by hhhhhhhwusjs

I hate you too 🙂
Original post by gtty123
3 weeks and 1 day (as of when I'm writing this).

ahh thanks mate!!
Reply 197
Hii! I hope you all are well! Ugh results day is looming and I hope we all get the results we want or need!
1. As level
2. Business studies, english literature, ICT and psychology
7. Well I am predicted AAAB. we were told there are no A*. Btw I do international AS.
8. I'm feeling very anxious and worried.
9. I'm lacking motivation, I just feel so drained and tired. I'm not a sociable person and I dont really miss social interactions. I guess it's just overwhelming and I worry for the future and my family's health as I live abroad with my parents.

E9F3B096-94B3-4099-8BA9-0BEC6B6DA824.png
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
E9F3B096-94B3-4099-8BA9-0BEC6B6DA824.png

Can I just tell you that I am in love with you right now lol XD

Quick Reply

Latest