?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by neko no basu)
1. AS or A level?
A level
2. What subjects?
History, English Lit, Geography + EPQ

For Yr 13:
3. What university is your firm/insurance?
Firm- Warwick
Insurance- Southampton
4. Which subject?
History
5. What grades are required?
AAA
6. Going to uni this year or taking a gap year?
this year

For everyone:
7. What grades are you predicted?
A*AA and A in EPQ
8. How are you feeling about results day?
Impatient and constantly flickering between feeling confident and feeling anxious about my grades
9. Anything else to add?
I'd be happy to go to my firm or insurance (i know that sometimes people really don't want to go to their insurance but that's not me, maybe I've just jinxed it for myself now, whoops, I do want to go to Warwick I swear)
And... I feel least confident in the subject I want to take at uni (oh dear :frown:)

Good luck for results day everyone!! :nyan:
EX-FLOTUS IS KILLING IT :party:
neko no basu
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Amelia 123)
EX-FLOTUS IS KILLING IT :party:
lol, find me heading for clearing on results day
yzanne
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
Track on Results Day

When will Track update?

Track will go live AFTER 8am on results day. UCAS say 8am (and 7:30am for Advisers) - it used to go live a little earlier. but the embargo time that UCAS and universities work to has been pushed back from 6am to 8am this year so it WILL NOT be before 8am

It WON'T go live at midnight.

Once it "goes live" EVERYONE will be able to see any decisions that their universities have sent to UCAS. Just because it's live doesn't mean it will update for everyone. About 100,000 people every year don't get a clear answer from Track first thing on Results Day - they have to collect their results and then ring up their firm/insurance uni.

My Track didn't change - is it worth hitting refresh until it does?
NO - once Track goes live again it then gets re-frozen in that state (because UCAS need to handle everyone and their dog hitting refresh constantly). Track WILL NOT CHANGE between 8am and midday. Hitting refresh just slows things down for everyone else.

Give yourself some good karma - get off Track and go and buy the Telegraph(just in case), get together your contact numbers for your unis, top your phone up with credit (and charge it) and get your results from School.

what will Track show

It depends how quick your universities are. There's a lot of scenarios. The post below gives an idea of what might show,what that means and what you need to do about that. Use the flowchart at the end of this post as a quick reference
Track scenarios
this is so useful, thank you. i didn't even understand this process before this! :yep:

Introduce yourself
1. AS or A level? A level
2. What subjects? History, English, Sociology

For Yr 13:
3. What university is your firm/insurance? Warwick = firm, Cardiff = insurance
4. Which subject? History and Sociology joint hons
5. What grades are required? AAB with an A in history for Warwick, ABB for Cardiff
6. Going to uni this year or taking a gap year? going this year! could never ever defer, i'm too excited

For everyone:
7. What grades are you predicted? I got AAB in my mocks so i suppose AAB aha
8. How are you feeling about results day? as confident as i can be!
9. Anything else to add? i am counting down the days until results day, i'm hyped
学生の父
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yzanne)
this is so useful, thank you. i didn't even understand this process before this! :yep:

Introduce yourself
1. AS or A level? A level
2. What subjects? History, English, Sociology

For Yr 13:
3. What university is your firm/insurance? Warwick = firm, Cardiff = insurance
4. Which subject? History and Sociology joint hons
5. What grades are required? AAB with an A in history for Warwick, ABB for Cardiff
6. Going to uni this year or taking a gap year? going this year! could never ever defer, i'm too excited

For everyone:
7. What grades are you predicted? I got AAB in my mocks so i suppose AAB aha
8. How are you feeling about results day? as confident as i can be!
9. Anything else to add? i am counting down the days until results day, i'm hyped
I can hear your excitement from here! Best wishes for the 13th.
Nana.hauwa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Introduce yourself
1. AS or A level? AS but A2 this September
2. What subjects? Maths, Psychology, Biology and Chemistry but dropping Maths in A2
3. What grades are you predicted? AAAA but I don't know
4. How are you feeling about results day? Very scared.
5. Anything else to add? I'm planning to do medicine. Who else?
mpaprika
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
this is stressing me out omg

AS or A level? AS
What subjects? Biology, Chemistry, Maths, German

What grades are you predicted? Since it's AS I believe 4 As
How are you feeling about results day? Really stressed, I didn't do as well in my maths mock and I want to apply to competitive courses
Anything else to add? also really worried 0 only 5 people in my German class, I've been working at the top of the class however there's been an exchange student who obviously if fluent in German. Only one person got an A in AS German last year so now I'm concerned that I won't be able to get my A ):
Yas031119
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mpaprika)
this is stressing me out omg

AS or A level? AS
What subjects? Biology, Chemistry, Maths, German

What grades are you predicted? Since it's AS I believe 4 As
How are you feeling about results day? Really stressed, I didn't do as well in my maths mock and I want to apply to competitive courses
Anything else to add? also really worried 0 only 5 people in my German class, I've been working at the top of the class however there's been an exchange student who obviously if fluent in German. Only one person got an A in AS German last year so now I'm concerned that I won't be able to get my A ):
same but i want to do chem, maths, physics and frenchh :3
mpaprika
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Yas031119)
same but i want to do chem, maths, physics and frenchh :3
I'm probably going to drop maths A2 though, I'm not very good lmao
Yas031119
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mpaprika)
I'm probably going to drop maths A2 though, I'm not very good lmao
if i could drop maths A2 i would but i'm probably going to have to drop french A2 as i have to take maths alongside physics :/
itscourtchicks
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1. AS or A level?
A Level, took my AS levels last year

2. What subjects?
Biology, Chemistry and French (did Maths last year as AS)

For Yr 13:
3. What university is your firm/insurance?
Liverpool firm and QUB insurance
4. Which subject?
Conditional offer for medicine at Liverpool and conditional for Biomed at Queen’s
5. What grades are required?
AAA for medicine, ABB for Biomed
6. Going to uni this year or taking a gap year?
Want to go to Uni this year, but I may take a gap year if needed.

For everyone:
7. What grades are you predicted?
I was predicted A*A*A, but, I mean, with how chemistry was going we’ll see.
8. How are you feeling about results day?
Not great at all to be honest. Not great at all.
9. Anything else to add?

I just want to move to a log chalet in the Maritime Alps at this point, and live a worry free life.

In all honesty, what will happen will happen and we can’t change anything now. So we’re going to have to put on our big boy boots and tie them real tight, and we’ll just have to accept and go from there.
Wishing everyone luck
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey everyone 🖐🏻

AS or A-Level:
A-Level!

What subjects?
Physics, Chemistry (resit), Biology (resit).

What university is your firm and insurance?
Firm - Birmingham
Insurance - Aston

Which subject?
Biomedical science!

What grades are required?
Firm - ABB
Insurance - BBB

Going to uni this year or taking a gap year?
Uni this year please!

What grades were you predicted?
AAA

How are you feeling about results day?
So, so anxious! I literally don’t know what to expect because this has never been done before. On top of that, I’m a resit student and my school will provide grades for me but somehow I worry that due to resitting I’ll be at a disadvantage (esp in the ranking system).

Anything else to add?
Yes.

PLEASE LET ME GET INTO MY FIRM UNI!
Lightning720
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
More bad news about results this year. https://www.tes.com/news/exclusive-w...des-may-change
ZombieTheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lightning720)
More bad news about results this year. https://www.tes.com/news/exclusive-w...des-may-change
This will affect mostly those who are predicted to get a median grade (Bs and Cs). Just FYI if anyone doesn’t end up reading past the headline.
Lightning720
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ZombieTheWolf)
This will affect mostly those who are predicted to get a median grade (Bs and Cs). Just FYI if anyone doesn’t end up reading past the headline.
Others will still be impacted though. I just think this system is a bit of a mess.
memethepineapple
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi!
I'm doing A level Chemistry, Biology and Psychology.
I'm predicted A*AA(but think I'm more likely to get a B in psychology which I'm fine with)
I'm going to university to study Chemistry and my firm is Uni of Leeds and my insurance is Bradford Uni.
Leeds would need AAB, but I've just completed their access to leeds so now my offer has been reduced to BBB, and bradford required BBC. I was feeling pretty good about results day until I find out that about 30% of grades are going to be reduced and that they're going to compare results to how schools have done previously... no one has got an A* in Chem for a few years so I'm going to be mad if they reduce my grade because of that 😂.
Lightning720
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by memethepineapple)
Hi!
I'm doing A level Chemistry, Biology and Psychology.
I'm predicted A*AA(but think I'm more likely to get a B in psychology which I'm fine with)
I'm going to university to study Chemistry and my firm is Uni of Leeds and my insurance is Bradford Uni.
Leeds would need AAB, but I've just completed their access to leeds so now my offer has been reduced to BBB, and bradford required BBC. I was feeling pretty good about results day until I find out that about 30% of grades are going to be reduced and that they're going to compare results to how schools have done previously... no one has got an A* in Chem for a few years so I'm going to be mad if they reduce my grade because of that 😂.
Sadly, it's looking more like 40% of grades.

https://www.tes.com/news/exclusive-w...des-may-change
memethepineapple
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sadly, it's looking more like 40% of grades.

https://www.tes.com/news/exclusive-w...des-may-change
Oh no. I guess I should probably dig out some of the old revision stuff just in case 😣
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thread title updated (sorry)
ZombieTheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Others will still be impacted though. I just think this system is a bit of a mess.
Probably not as much. Best not to scaremonger until things are confirmed.
mpaprika
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Yas031119)
if i could drop maths A2 i would but i'm probably going to have to drop french A2 as i have to take maths alongside physics :/
yeah and AS sets a really good foundation if you want to learn it on the side at uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (118)
25.27%
Better than expected (97)
20.77%
Worse than expected (252)
53.96%

Watched Threads