The Student Room Group

Economics applicants thread 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a-level2019
Yeah there's an offer tracker on the official thread i think - i received an offer first week december

if its been 12 weeks you can log an enquiry, but i think i wait instead
Original post by abstractly01
Everybody who’s applying for entry in 2021, add ur names. Just to get the chains tarted I recommend :
1. AS grades & Subjects
2. University choices (if you’ve received any offers etc)
3. Courses ur applying for
4. Extracurriculars/books/podcasts anything

You can write something very short or very long, completely upto you!!

For me :
1. A - economics (95)
A - math (85)
A - accounting (95)
2. Warwick, LSE (def not getting but still) , UCL uncertain about others
3. Uncertain :/ but maybe econ pure or econ w finance
4. President of economics club🥰, read a lot of books, microeconomics AP, finance course online

1. Maths- A
Economics- A
Physics- A
2. UCL, KCL, Queen mary, Exeter, Manchester
3. Economics (either with a year in industry or not)
4. Football club captain (U16, U18), Basketball club, Volleyball club, Work experience in Fast Food chain, intern in a fund company.
Reply 62
Does anyone have an offer for Economics BSc without a level maths
Original post by gavin77
Does anyone have an offer for Economics BSc without a level maths

Yes , Got 5 -Loughborough, Manchester , Uni of Nottingham, Lancaster and Sussex( my insurance option)
@Astokes14 I too applied for uni of notts without maths alevel for econ but I got put on hold. I do already have an offer for industrial econ as I applied for two courses there pure and industrial.
Reply 65
Original post by Astokes14a
Yes , Got 5 -Loughborough, Manchester , Uni of Nottingham, Lancaster and Sussex( my insurance option)

Original post by MJA2802
@Astokes14 I too applied for uni of notts without maths alevel for econ but I got put on hold. I do already have an offer for industrial econ as I applied for two courses there pure and industrial.

Whats your gcse math grade? And which unis were indistrial and which were pure eco?
Reply 66

Hi what was your gcse maths grade?
@gavin77 industrial and pure both at notts and I got a 9. Offer for industrial and on hold for pure
@Astokes14a Manchester require maths alevel for economics so how did you get an offer?
Original post by MJA2802
@Astokes14a Manchester require maths alevel for economics so how did you get an offer?

No clue tbh, just applied and got the offer. I’m going Loughborough anyway and they don’t need maths and I knew I was getting in so I didn’t really look much into the others just applied to the rest out of necessity as you have to apply to 5.
@Astokes14a Fair play mate. When did you get your Nottingham offer for pure econ? I have been on hold for ages and they told me it’s because I don’t have maths and they wait till after the Ucas deadline to off econ to people without maths
Original post by MJA2802
@Astokes14a Fair play mate. When did you get your Nottingham offer for pure econ? I have been on hold for ages and they told me it’s because I don’t have maths and they wait till after the Ucas deadline to off econ to people without maths

23rd of November and I sent it on the 2nd.
@Astokes14a seems weird what were your predicted and GCSE find it strange how they put me on hold saying it was for a lack of alevel maths? Might be the timing I applied on the 23rd of November
Reply 73
23rd of November and I sent it on the 2nd.

What was your gcse maths grade?
anyone with a notts offer without maths?
Reply 75
Original post by Focusgenie
anyone with a notts offer without maths?

Not yet. What are your A levels subjects and predicted grades. Also GCSE Maths grade?
Original post by gavin77
Not yet. What are your A levels subjects and predicted grades. Also GCSE Maths grade?

What were yours ?
Original post by I like bread
A-level grades and subjects (achieved): A*A*AAa* (Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics and EPQ)
GCSEs: A*A*A*A*8AAA76
University choices: Oxford, LSE, UCL, KCL
Courses: E&M at Ox and KCL. Econ at LSE, UCL and KCL (two applications to KCL)
Extra/supercurriculars: Professional qualifications in finance, several books, martial arts, EPQ (obvs), + other things

Just started a gap year. Good luck all

have you got any offers, thinking about doing a gap year next year and ill probably apply to the same unis as you tbh
Reply 78
Hey, does anyone here know if Bristol lowers offers if you choose them as your firm? I got an offer for Econ w study abroad but I'm a bit worried about making the conditions (A*AA) but I really want to study there.
I have an offer to study economics at Sheffield and Southampton. I can't choose between these two. Any advice ?