The Student Room Group

Economics applicants thread 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hello4568
I have an offer to study economics at Sheffield and Southampton. I can't choose between these two. Any advice ?

https://discoveruni.gov.uk/course-details/10007158/100/Full-time/
https://discoveruni.gov.uk/course-details/10007158/100/Full-time/

Congrats on your offers, if you're really stuck between the two you can take a look at student satisfaction stats on unistats and it also shows a little bit about career expectations.
Anyone applied to or received an offer from Uni of Leeds for econ?
Original post by Fst73829
Anyone applied to or received an offer from Uni of Leeds for econ?

Yes
I have an offer to study economics at Sheffield and Southampton. I can't choose between these two. Any advice ?

100% sheffield they have very strong academics and econ department is good and alot of grads go into the Government economic service hope it helps you
Original post by studious123_
100% sheffield they have very strong academics and econ department is good and alot of grads go into the Government economic service hope it helps you

Thanks for the comment. What makes you say this, Do you know someone who has been Sheffield before ?
Original post by MJA2802
Yes

When did you apply and receive your offer?

23rd November and received 11th December

Like a month ago
Thanks for the comment. What makes you say this, Do you know someone who has been Sheffield before ?

yes my economics teacher
Finance at durham or industrial economics at nottingham. Opinions on what is a better regarded degree in the financial world?
Original post by Focusgenie
Finance at durham or industrial economics at nottingham. Opinions on what is a better regarded degree in the financial world?

finance at Durham !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any reasons? The only thing I was worried about is that Durham is known to be quite posh and doesn't have a good nightlife compared to notts

Also would econ and finance at leeds be better regarded than durham finance? Leeds' econ courses are ran by the business school that's the main negative I can find
Which is better economics in Nottingham or economics in Bristol and why please
Original post by CandyPixie
Which is better economics in Nottingham or economics in Bristol and why please

They’re both about the same for economics so just go for whatever you personally prefer and think you would enjoy more
Any reasons why finance is Durham is better than nottingham industrial Econ please?

Southampton has a far better faculty in terms of academics but I’m not sure what you are choosing based on.
Original post by Focusgenie
Any reasons why finance is Durham is better than nottingham industrial Econ please?

Durham is a better uni than Nottingham. If you want to work in finance or consulting I guess finance at Durham would be a good idea.
Original post by anon752
They’re both about the same for economics so just go for whatever you personally prefer and think you would enjoy more

I disagree I think Bristol is slightly better but not much in it
Hi guys, I’m an offer holder for econ at both Bristol and Nottingham. I’m aware that roughly they are the same in job prospects and the only thing separating them is the student life. What would you recommended. I am from london so I feel like a city is nice but also think Nottingham is also a very nice place with a beautiful campus. Any opinions? Ty.

Latest

Trending

Trending