The Student Room Group

Home fee status post 2021/22.

I'm an EU undergraduate student, graduating in 2022, ordinarily a resident and with home fee status. I was also granted settled status. The government recently announced that EU students will not be eligible for the home fee status from 2021/22. I am aware that my status will not change for the remainder of my course, however, will I still be eligible for home fee status when applying for postgraduate courses?
Original post by jesusisabiscuit
I'm an EU undergraduate student, graduating in 2022, ordinarily a resident and with home fee status. I was also granted settled status. The government recently announced that EU students will not be eligible for the home fee status from 2021/22. I am aware that my status will not change for the remainder of my course, however, will I still be eligible for home fee status when applying for postgraduate courses?

Hi there, our regulations for the 2021/22 academic year have not been released yet, however the government has released information regarding eligibility for new EU students who are starting university in the 2021/22 academic year. You can read this information here http://ow.ly/S3Ty30qSFeW

This will also affect you if you are starting a postgraduate course in 2022.

Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, our regulations for the 2021/22 academic year have not been released yet, however the government has released information regarding eligibility for new EU students who are starting university in the 2021/22 academic year. You can read this information here http://ow.ly/S3Ty30qSFeW

Thanks, Isaac

Thanks for your response, Isaac.

Original post by SFE Isaac

Thanks, Isaac

Thanks for the response, Isaac.

I am still unsure about my situation, however. The link you have provided states that those who have secured their rights under the EU Withdrawal Agreement will be exempt from the changes to the eligibility criteria for EU students. This implies that those who have obtained settled status will retain their home fee status. Could you clarify what you mean by "This will also affect you if you are starting a postgraduate course in 2022", as from what I understand, I will lose my home fee status and access to Student Finance.
Original post by jesusisabiscuit
Thanks for your response, Isaac.

Thanks for the response, Isaac.

I am still unsure about my situation, however. The link you have provided states that those who have secured their rights under the EU Withdrawal Agreement will be exempt from the changes to the eligibility criteria for EU students. This implies that those who have obtained settled status will retain their home fee status. Could you clarify what you mean by "This will also affect you if you are starting a postgraduate course in 2022", as from what I understand, I will lose my home fee status and access to Student Finance.

I meant because in 2022 you will be classed as a new student, so the new regulations will affect you as a new student, if you have settled status then you can apply as a home student though so you will be fine.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
What about students with pre-settlement? They also fall under the withdrawal agreement and would therefore also be eligible for home fees? Thank you.
Original post by Lails
What about students with pre-settlement? They also fall under the withdrawal agreement and would therefore also be eligible for home fees? Thank you.

Hi, we expect universities to charge home fees to pre settled status students but it's up to the university so you must speak with them.
Students with pre settled status can apply for a tuition fee loan only from ourselves.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending