Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was breastfed for 3 months. Then formula fed (SMA Gold)

My daughter was breastfed for 3 months also. Then formula fed (SMA White)

My son is 12 months and is still breastfeding.

ReputationRep:
    I was, and I was well fat.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I wasn't breastfed, as I was really premature and was in special care, so they had to bottle-feed me.

It doesn't appear to have affected me though, or my brain... :rolleyes:
    At least I hope it hasn't :p:

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't breast fed at all went straight onto sma. Apparantly breastfeeding can prevent obesity and long life illness so I would have been slimmer and healthier. Oh well Im not ill so I wouldn't change anything, after all I might have been unhealthier if I had been breast fed for all you know.

ReputationRep:
    Yup; breast fed here.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i was, and my brother and sister were too

ReputationRep:
    I was breastfed until I was 21 months, when my brother came along. He was breasfed until he was 2 as was my other brother. My sister was breastfed until she was 6 months old, but mum got shingles so had to have antibiotics for 2 weeks so she couldn't breastfeed, and it was too painful for her to start again afterwards. Health wise we're all pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I was.

Up until the age of 9.

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I was breastfed as a baby.

ReputationRep:
    I was for like a week. Then on the bottle.

And I think I still have a brain

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I was breastfed for 6 weeks, then my mum switched me on to formula as it was hurting her too much.
    I doubt it really has much effect on peoples intellegance to be honest, I think the evidence looks quite shakey.

ReputationRep:
    I left bitemarks.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, my dad has saggy tits now

ReputationRep:
    Breast is best!

There is no question against whether breastfeeding is better for a child. Formula cannot replace it (which is why on the adverts in small print is says, formula is not a replacement for breastmilk!)

Kate Garraway did an interview in the guardian this weekend about it

ReputationRep:
    Nope,I rejected it.

ReputationRep:
    no i was fed from a horse....gosh what a stupid question; of course i was.

ReputationRep:
    and intelligence vs. breastfeeding is apparently linked to a gene that 90% of us have

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7075511.stm

otherwise they've generally said (and no one take this offensively!) that it's generally that a mother who breastfeeds will be more intelligent

ReputationRep:
    Yep :yep:. That's why I'm so healthy/charming/intelligent/big in some areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Yep :yep:. That's why I'm so healthy/charming/intelligent/big in some areas.
    The ego areas.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.