Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My mum breastfed me, and she's always told me that people who are breastfed are less likely to get things like asthma and hayfever... I think those were the things she said but I may be wrong... but she said there were health benefits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    The ego areas.
    I suppose I'm fond of myself :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I was breastfed

ReputationRep:
    Yep i was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmj)
    My mum breastfed me, and she's always told me that people who are breastfed are less likely to get things like asthma and hayfever... I think those were the things she said but I may be wrong... but she said there were health benefits.
    That sucks, I was breastfed and have both asthma and hayfever! But that is right I think because the breast milk has natural antibodies and stuff in it

ReputationRep:
    I dont know, but I wouldn't mind being breastfed by someone other than my mum :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    That sucks, I was breastfed and have both asthma and hayfever! But that is right I think because the breast milk has natural antibodies and stuff in it
    You're not alone, whilst I had neither my brother has both (well, he doesn't really have asthma anymore but he gets hayfever quite badly) so I don't know whether that's right... but I *think* that's what she said.... :p:

ReputationRep:
    i wasn't breastfed... got 7A*'s and 2A's in GCSE so don't think it affected my brain much..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancindiva)
    i wasn't breastfed... got 7A*'s and 2A's in GCSE so don't think it affected my brain much..
    It must have, who in the right mind would study that much!!

nah joking, well done

I was breast fed and nothing has happened to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    I wasn't breastfed at all and don't have either. I really think ill health is a lot more down to genetics than is thought.

ReputationRep:
    yep, not just from my mom too... apparently i ate so much, my mom have to ask one of her friend who just had a baby to feed me too...

cant imagine how that conversation went... but all the good for me

ReputationRep:
    Im interested ..I wonder how many of the gb olympic team/these top sports people were not breast fed. Its just Michael Johnsons mum claimed that he is so good because she breastfed him for 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jiajun)
    yep, not just from my mom too... apparently i ate so much, my mom have to ask one of her friend who just had a baby to feed me too...

cant imagine how that conversation went... but all the good for me

That is incredibly bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    ive heard milk from the breasts are supposably very healthy and can like reduce the chances of getting diabetes and stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio~)
    I wasn't breast fed at all went straight onto sma. Apparantly breastfeeding can prevent obesity and long life illness so I would have been slimmer and healthier. Oh well Im not ill so I wouldn't change anything, after all I might have been unhealthier if I had been breast fed for all you know.
    Good job you were not breast fed, if you were any slimmer you'd be dying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    ive heard milk from the breasts are supposably very healthy and can like reduce the chances of getting diabetes and stuff
    Basically it can reduce the chances of getting every illness you can think of.. so they claim.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't breastfed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ginger_Rogers)
    That is incredibly bizarre.

wierd i know, afraid its true:yep:

but whats sooo INCREDIBLY biazarre about it?? its just supersized double portion...

and i dont remember any of it... thank goodness

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.