Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was breastfed, but no idea if it makes a massive difference statistically. I've heared that you get some of your mothers antibodies that way, so it helps with health.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't, my mum just couldn't hack it aparrantly she said it was too painful and make her toes curl. I did suffer quite badly from stomach bugs alot as a kid, but who didn't (i actually used to be sick in my sleep - how i managed to do that without choking i don't know) but apart from that i'm fine. Though that might have had alot to do with going to a small school so things got passed round really easy. I've always done really well in school, better than anyone else in my family and im perfectly healthy now. I used to do tons of activities as a kid and was really fit. I'm not as fit now but i'm still healthy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamrock92)
    Mother

Nature

never

gets

it

wrong

(well nearly never)
    it invented humans - id say its kicking itself now.

but yes i was breasfed

ReputationRep:
    I was breastfed, as were all of my siblings. None of us have long term health problems (apart from my bad back and my sister's dodgy ankle), certainly nothing particularly serious. However, we're very different in terms of how we handle illness and our minds. I don't think you could draw any conclusions from looking at my family

ReputationRep:
    I was breastfed, even when my Mum had a painful infection so she must love me very much . Positives could be during my childhood I rarely got ill however I think this a family thing since everybody in my family are hardly ever ill either so could be genetic. I'm quite smart, but that's genetic too - I have quite smart people on both sides of my family (my Grandma went to the same grammar school I go to, my Mum's cousin is a barrister etc..). I think you can't go wrong with breastfeeding I think it must have some seen and some unseen benefits.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I was, my mum is always going on about how it's better for babies (well not always, that would be weird but you know).

I think I read somewhere that it's supposed to be better for your immune system which makes sense I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I think being breastfed does make a considerable positive impact on a baby's health. Breastfed babies are less likely to develop allergies because of what they're exposed to through milk etc. Breastmilk also does loads of cool little things - for example, the constitution of the mother's milk changes according to the baby's needs, eg. in hot temperatures it becomes more fluid so the baby stays hydrated. It's what breasts were made for, after all.

ReputationRep:
    "suckin on those tities like you want it..."

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.