primavera_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello! I have been searching for more information since the announcement on the 23rd of June regarding EU students qualifying for international fee status and unable to get Student Finance England loans for 2021/2022. I had entry for 2020/2021 to my MLitt (master's, postgraduate taught) dream course, however due the Covid-19 pandemic I deferred to 2021/2022. I currently have Settled status but am a EU national. I was confused by this sentence in the statement:
'It will not affect students starting courses in academic year 2020/21, nor those EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals benefitting from Citizens’ Rights under the EU Withdrawal Agreement, EEA EFTA Separation Agreement or Swiss Citizens’ Rights Agreement respectively.'
Does this mean that Settled status (EU Withdrawal Agreement) will still be able to apply for tuition fee loans in 2021/2022? And if so, will Settled status students still have to be international fees?
Thank you!
Last edited by primavera_; 1 year ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by primavera_)
Hello! I have been searching for more information since the announcement on the 23rd of June regarding EU students qualifying for international fee status and unable to get Student Finance England loans for 2021/2022. I had entry for 2020/2021 to my MLitt (master's, postgraduate taught) dream course, however due the Covid-19 pandemic I deferred to 2021/2022. I currently have Settled status but am a EU national. I was confused by this sentence in the statement:
'It will not affect students starting courses in academic year 2020/21, nor those EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals benefitting from Citizens’ Rights under the EU Withdrawal Agreement, EEA EFTA Separation Agreement or Swiss Citizens’ Rights Agreement respectively.'
Does this mean that Settled status (EU Withdrawal Agreement) will still be able to apply for tuition fee loans in 2021/2022? And if so, will Settled status students still have to be international fees?
Thank you!
Hi there, our regulations for the 2021/22 academic year have not been released yet, however the government has released information regarding eligibility for new EU students who are starting university in the 2021/22 academic year. You can read this information here http://ow.ly/S3Ty30qSFeW

EU Nationals who have 5 years residency in the UK are eligible to apply as home students, therefore it won't affect these applicants. Regarding international fees, that is something you should discuss with the university but if you are applying as a home student I would suspect they will charge home fees.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads