Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terryw)
    Yeah, monday 3rd November.

I no, fell up them as well which made it worse lmao
    Hahahahah there's just no way to avoid the slippiness though is it? It's not like you can wear pure mountain boots with grip :>.<:

And damnnn, I doubt I'm going then, got sixth form the next day and I am not on my mother's best side at the moment Have fun though. What's the theme?

ReputationRep:
    Theme is doctors and nurses :p:
    Should be good hahaha
    I have uni the next day-i took today off, needed it haha

And yeah, its proper slippy, metal+water+plim soles=fall on me ass haha

ReputationRep:
    Think all the Carnage's are on mondays throughout the year. There will be about 5 I reckon over the course of the year.

Anyone been to that new park at L1? Like it alot, could see it being a great spec for a pre-euro bevvy

ReputationRep:
    I know but sometimes they fall on half terms or holidays or whatever so yeah. 3rd of Novemeber is neither :shifty:

Doctors and nurses sounds epic, have fun :cool:

its good, links town with the waterfront well
    best part about the whole thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_H123698)
    its good, links town with the waterfront well
    best part about the whole thing
    Aye, swaggered through on the way to Oasis, looked boss. Worth all the disruption. Not sold on the Hilton or that OnePark West architecturally. In 20 odd years, that could look as bad as the 50's abominations that used to be around Paradise St.

i agree with that, i think from the albert dock it looks alright at the moment but depends how things go with time, just a shame theres nothing really inspiring about them as buildings

ReputationRep:
    Aye, think the Arena looks boss like, and that Mann Island one will be sound no doubt.

Very few of these recent builds in Liverpool are really architecturally interesting, I like the West Tower, and as I say, the jury is out on One Park West. It's a shame because something of the standard of the Ghurkin in London becomes an attraction in it's self.

Saying that, Manchester has nothing either spectacular, bar the Lowry and the Imperial War Museum (and they are technically Salford anyway )

i like the way the arena has been done, superb at night
    it will be intresting to see how the museam of liverpool fits in on the waterfront though, not sure it will at the moment

think most of the new business towers are alright but i'd love us to have something really special and unique to go with tradition, manchester hasnt really got anything that stands out, almost everything there could be found in another city, like sheffield

ReputationRep:
    Hey - Does anyone know banks where you can make bank accounts fast? I've got a job y'see and I need one by saturday!

ReputationRep:
    I need to get a new one pronto. Abbey and their idiotic excess charges have screwed me over for the last time.

The CV will be going in this weekend. Fingers crossed something comes from it.

ReputationRep:
    Kimoso Natwest is fairly quick and so is making a post office account.
    With Natwest you get your account number and sort code there and then. Make sure you have enough ID (passport, letters etc).

Where you putting your CV BigScouser?

ReputationRep:
    Natwest? Argh! Do you know if there are any around Allerton road?

Also what about HSBC? Are they fast? :o:

ReputationRep:
    No idea if there is one in Allerton Road, Old Swan has one though :p:
    Hmm you could try HSBC, but i have never had an account so again no idea lol
    Don't worry though, your work won't need it ASAP, they can waitin until you have the details.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimoso)
    Natwest? Argh! Do you know if there are any around Allerton road?

Also what about HSBC? Are they fast? :o:
    There is a Natwest, Lloyds and HSBC on Allerton Road, I'm pretty certain and a Halifax.

ReputationRep:
    Haha no worries - I got one at Abbey national on Allerton road (closest to my school :dontknow:)

ReputationRep:
    Few of the high street shops and a few in Liverpool 1.

ReputationRep:
    For all those interested in Urban Outfitters, they are taking full time staff on.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't get round to the CV this weekend. The end of term drinks got in the way, then the match and the post match drinking that went with it. Need to do it tomorra. What odds on a part time one in Outfitters? Have to work it round me college course though so might damage me case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimoso)
    The clothes are just SO nice.
    I agree :yep:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.