Reply 720
not me.
dpwp
anyone in town this thursday??

Not unless someone lends us a few quick and me mate can get the night off
I'm happy to come from down south :biggrin:
Reply 723
thursday? sadly not, tuesday and wednesday yes
just got in tonight after seeing council depot blues earlier, ******* boss, those who enjoy a good night out, a lot of laughs and scouse humour deffo the thing to see at the moment, £10 as well, spot on evenings entertainment
lol
Reply 725
Hopefully will snow on the weekend.

Actually, met I just read this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2391
More chance of me being welcome back into the LFC 'family' than there being snow on this side of the Mersey at the weekend.
Reply 727
I fear the Mods are out to get me tonight. 8 warning points for a saying "avoiding the swear filter" when I said the name French Connection UK. 'Twas meant to be a swear word but I spelt it wrong :p:
Then, as some may know, I have an OCD and fear of a number-the number of my warning points :angry:: bad times.
Terryw
I fear the Mods are out to get me tonight. 8 warning points for a saying "avoiding the swear filter" when I said the name French Connection UK. 'Twas meant to be a swear word but I spelt it wrong :p:
Then, as some may know, I have an OCD and fear of a number-the number of my warning points :angry:: bad times.

Sounds like you're having a bad night matey. Perhaps I should refer to Canute the Great by his more familiar name and get a solidarity warning for yer mate.
Went to see the Wombats at the Arena last night. Good set by the lads but just a few points for the arl bag sat behind me and me mates.

Don't be acting all sanctimonious about us standing around having a bevy when everyone else, including your own brats, was standing up.

Please also restrain your daughters next time you take them to a gig. I didn't pay 20 bullets to be deafened by a 13 year old screaming right down me ear as she tried to outdo your Beatlemania antics forty years previous. I know a gig is meant to be overly loud and I've been to enough to know that but the only time I don't ever wanna hear a bird scream like that ever again even if it's in the bedroom so can you please gag your Celine Dion lookalike kid next time for the safety of others.

Finally, don't tell us to keep the noise down when we're singing along to the La's when your terrible twosome screamed 'the word is on your lips. say the word!' non stop throughout Alphabeat's set and 'woo-woo-woo-woo-wooooooooo Wombats!' at random intervals during the Wombats.

I'm all for live and let live but in future do us all a favour and stay back down in whatever middle class suburb down south you came from instead of being killjoys in our fair city.

As for the gig itself, hit and miss. Wombats were good but putting Alphabeat as the supporting act was a very bad move.
Reply 730
Heard it was a good night BigScouser, bad luck with the brats tho-kids can (are?) bastards hahaha
Made me laugh how they were going mad everytime the lead singer mentioned Liverpool. Third time of hearing one of them say "woooooo Liverpoooooooool!" I turned round and said "Yeah, it's where you're not from so drop the act."

Cue barracking from her doting middle class mother.

They started doing the 'one drink per person' rule at the bar 10 minutes before the Wombats came on so I had to call our kid to get her down to prove who I was buying the bevy for. Joke.

Was a decent student crowd in and an abundance of visual talent on show. Should've stayed in the Met longer to chat them up but was skint and had a bus to get home haha
Reply 732
i was thinking about going to that, a few girls from university i know went, but £20 when there is the bunnymen on thursday it couldnt be done
Reply 733
The Wombats was good, full of young'uns though. Felt arlarse being 19 in the standing bit.

Lost the phone though unfortunately, big shame really and the only black mark on a good night which ended with Pandemonium with Justice and Annie Mac in Chibuku. Amazing.
izaldo
The Wombats was good, full of young'uns though. Felt arlarse being 19 in the standing bit.

Lost the phone though unfortunately, big shame really and the only black mark on a good night which ended with Pandemonium with Justice and Annie Mac in Chibuku. Amazing.

At least yer not 21 standing in the seated area like I was.

Hate being so skint. Would've loved to see Annie Mac DJ. Apparently she's quite good and that's before you consider that she was just a mainstream one before she got into it.
Reply 735
What is everybodies Uni and course in here?
Am at LJMU doing an IT course :biggrin:

Am bored yet interested hahaha
Reply 736
im at the university of liverpool
doing the ever exciting politics
Doing a journalism course at the Liverpool branch of the Topman Appreciation Society that is Liverpool Community College with one day a week in deepest darkest Southport.
Reply 738
University of Liverpool
Accounting.

*you can stop swooning now, sweetheart:wink:*
izaldo
University of Liverpool
Accounting.

*you can stop swooning now, sweetheart:wink:*

Our Claire's doing that there as well but she's only in the first year of her one.

Latest