The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

missed the fireworks, town was dead busy tonight though, just got in
Reply 1261
Just got in town was full of fights and very few police.
Giving serious thought to not drinking much when i go to town. One needs wits about them and spacial awareness...
Been feeling like that for a while about town mate. One of the reasons why I'm glad I left the TSR night out when I did. If I'd had a few more than when that **** had hit me on the way out then I wouldn't have stood a chance. Town is a bit overrated tbh. Spending silly money every weekend on entry fee to clubs you don't wanna really be in, buying drinks at prices you wouldn't normally pay, making a tit of yourself on the dancefloor, trying to blag any bird who doesn't turn their back on you and pacing through town trying to find a black cab that will take you home for £15+. Only so long you can put up with it. Nights out now and then are sound but the whole 'live for the weekend' philosophy is, quite frankly, a load of crap.
Reply 1263
Yeah your right BigScouser, I have been going my local for the passed few weeks and avoided town for a while.
Lat night just made me clock on it's a waste. I stopped drinking as soon as I seen there could be trouble around any corner. That way am one step ahead of the game. But all me mates aren't to streetwise so continued to drink lol.
Then cos am sober am constantly looking around the place, looking where my mates are and checking who is standing next to me.

Pleasures must have closed early or kicked a lot of people out as there was a lot of scallies walking from that way towards the FunkyBox.
Must have seen at least 4 fights, 2 arrests and numerous people being kicked out or starting on people/bouncers.
I'm even put off by going to my locals now. Just don't see the point unless there's a match on. Kelly's on Smithdown is good like and there's a few others round that way that I don't mind going to but I'm not into going out for a couple unless there's a match on that I'm not reporting on.
Reply 1265
Total reform of the whole thing is needed.
I don't mind my local, I know everyone in there and we're usually in a lock in anyway lol
I don't really have a local tbh. I just go where I feel like when there's a match on or something. Not really a big fan of having a local tbh.
i've got the caledonia, drug tavern for toxteths dealers
or the blackburne arms frequented by radio city djs, irish and dead posh arl fellas

both have their charms haha
Irish 'ey... :p:
sound irish lad who supports spurs and seems to live in there
another honerable mention goes to simon ross
Reply 1270
I still rate town my place, there are plenty of decent places where the knobhead contingent don't reign supreme but there are of course tonnes of places to avoid.

Places associated with easy women are the worst for kick offs, Baa Bar, Cube, Mood etc Bumper and the likes continue to be sound.

That being said cutting down my drinking when out wouldn't be the worst idea for a few reasons!
Reply 1271
I have never been to bumper. Been to Heebies once.
I began my night in the AJ last nite, quiet little place, but too far out of town. It was freezing, so we got a cab :p:
Reply 1272
Terryw
I have never been to bumper. Been to Heebies once.
I began my night in the AJ last nite, quiet little place, but too far out of town. It was freezing, so we got a cab :p:

Augustus John, by Liverpool Uni?
Reply 1273
izaldo
Augustus John, by Liverpool Uni?

:yep:
Reply 1274
Not bad alehouse that, but very little nearby to stumble on to!

Although The Font just at the top of Mount Pleasant, Hope St and Oxford St is pretty decent if 5 mins walk. Kronenbourg Blanc on tap amongst others and £2 cocktails!
Reply 1275
izaldo

Places associated with easy women are the worst for kick offs, Baa Bar, Cube, Mood etc Bumper and the likes continue to be sound.

I hate Baa Bar, smells far too much like chav perfume for my liking!
Baa Bar is always game for a kick off when I've been in there. Last time something went off was Boxing Night in '07. A few have a go heroes decided to storm in landing digs on anyone who got in their way. A bunch of wannabe Joey Bartons storming through a packed dancefloor isn't the most pleasant thing especially when the bouncers had to storm in to try and get the little rats out. Not been to Cube yet but one of the lads in college does security there. Mood and Bumper are decent shouts but I'm put off by Mood cos of its current clientèle.
I work in Cube :frown:
Any good? I heard Xabi Alonso was in there on Thursday with that girl from LFC TV.
Reply 1279
BigScouser
Any good? I heard Xabi Alonso was in there on Thursday with that girl from LFC TV.

Thought Xabi was with his childhood sweetheart?!

Latest