Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’m going to uni this year and I don’t know what to bring. They have given me a list but I’m not sure what else to bring that is not on the list (if that makes sense)
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m going to uni this year and I don’t know what to bring. They have given me a list but I’m not sure what else to bring that is not on the list (if that makes sense)
What is the list they have given you?
If there's anything key they've forgotten we can tell you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
What is the list they have given you?
If there's anything key they've forgotten we can tell you
Things like bedding, cleaning supplies for bathroom and pans, plates, cups etc.
I just wanted to know if there was anything else that Isn’t considered necessary but will help me a lot or things that I need
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Kitchen & bathroom:
Go to wilko & just buy the dining sets a pan, pot, backing tray a couple glasses. (just get the cheap stuff) get cleaning supplies
Towel, flip flops, shower bag, general toiletries

Bedroom:
Bedding (if you only have a single bed in halls, just buy cheap set because in 2nd/3rd year you'll get a double bed and need to re-buy).

Extension cable with 4 sockets, USB charger, TV & games console.

Random stuff i recommend:
noise cancelling headphones.
fancy dress stuff
re-hydration mix (if you go out drinking)
tin foil
surface cleaning wipes
-flip flops/shoes for halls shower

Most stuff you can buy whilst at uni. But be aware kitchen & toilet stuff >buy cheap because you will lose it.
https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/b...ake-university
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mnot)
Kitchen & bathroom:
Go to wilko & just buy the dining sets a pan, pot, backing tray a couple glasses. (just get the cheap stuff) get cleaning supplies
Towel, flip flops, shower bag, general toiletries

Bedroom:
Bedding (if you only have a single bed in halls, just buy cheap set because in 2nd/3rd year you'll get a double bed and need to re-buy).

Extension cable with 4 sockets, USB charger, TV & games console.

Random stuff i recommend:
noise cancelling headphones.
fancy dress stuff
re-hydration mix (if you go out drinking)
tin foil
surface cleaning wipes
-flip flops/shoes for halls shower

Most stuff you can buy whilst at uni. But be aware kitchen & toilet stuff >buy cheap because you will lose it.
https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/b...ake-university
Thank you so much!
bethellia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
i'm going in a couple of years after college and i/m gonna bring a few shirts, trousers, skirts, shoes, underwear, casual clothes, milk, cheese,fruit and vegetables,bread, meat, laptop for studying, cell phone, pad and pen, spare reading/working glasses and glasses case,books and maps ,lamp, small desk ,childhood photos that's all i need for a basic lifestyle and all i want as well i'm also sharing with some girls I've never met so i'll have some new friends
OptiWeight
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Alot of people have forget to mention this item, it is probably the most important one Condoms !
bethellia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by OptiWeight)
Alot of people have forget to mention this item, it is probably the most important one Condoms !
oh right but only if your in a relationship which i am so i will bring them thx for reminding me but i've got a year so i should remember
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey!

I would definitely recommend something that will keep your room smelling nice constantly like a reed diffuser or something!

Courtney -- Official Student Rep
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey,

Personally I would suggest bringing a couple of formal outfits both for formals and for job/placements. One of the other student ambassadors from Reading Uni created a checklist of things that they recommended to bring.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6517114

Hope this helps!😊
From,

Amina - Student Ambassador
Anonymous #1
(Original post by UniofReading)
Hey,

Personally I would suggest bringing a couple of formal outfits both for formals and for job/placements. One of the other student ambassadors from Reading Uni created a checklist of things that they recommended to bring.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6517114

Hope this helps!😊
From,

Amina - Student Ambassador
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (11)
16.42%
No one else does (24)
35.82%
I'm embarrassed about my background (8)
11.94%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (20)
29.85%
We don't use a video platform (2)
2.99%
I don't have a camera (1)
1.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.49%

Watched Threads