The Student Room Group

GCSEs and universities

The college I want to go to doesn’t look at GCSEs but I’m not sure about universities because I haven’t looked into what one I want to go to so do they only look at grades rather than the actual subjects you took, for example I have to choose between Business and French or geography and dance say I got :
geography = A. dance = A. Or. business = C. French = C. What would look more impressive
Original post by Hozhoz10
The college I want to go to doesn’t look at GCSEs but I’m not sure about universities because I haven’t looked into what one I want to go to so do they only look at grades rather than the actual subjects you took, for example I have to choose between Business and French or geography and dance say I got :
geography = A. dance = A. Or. business = C. French = C. What would look more impressive

Hi :hello:

Universities do not always require certain GCSE grades. Usually, certain subjects will require you to have certain grades in certain GCSE subjects (for instance, many teaching degree require a Grade C/4 in English, Maths, and Science). It's worth double checking this wen you come to apply.

However, in the future if you do need a certain GCSE grade for university, you can always get this qualification at a later date or complete an equivalency test.

I hope this helps! If you have nay questions, feel free to ask!

Melissa :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest