Turn on thread page Beta

The Stupidest Thing You Have Ever Asked/Said? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCalfine)
    Don't you mean 'wet water'?
    lol

When I was younger, I said to a friend of mine that the water was very wet, instead of cold.:o:

I once asked who David James is. Stupid because I'm a Man City fan.

ReputationRep:
    "Was I a he or a she as a baby?" - and I was about 5 as well, so a pretty stupid question to ask.

ReputationRep:
    I've said so many stupid things in the past its quite the past :proud:

Confidently saying that Quebec was a country in the Middle-East Asia in Geography. It was only when i was around 15 that I learned it was in Canada.
    And asking why we don't just walk to France for holiday.
    Oh and when we had guests in the house, and I was asking them where the cutlery in my house were kept...

ReputationRep:
    my friend asked where tsunami was - she thought it was a country! I lol'd for at least a year...

ReputationRep:
    My brother (17) said at a BBQ the other day, very confidently "Lightening is made of Ice" - to which, despite being told it's not true by several people then said "Google says lightening is made of ice".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruliz)
    And you actually going to ask me to repeat it...
    :no:
    YAY!

Someone got it...

ReputationRep:
    Theres loads, most recent one being my friend asking me how lesbians have babies and i said without thinking 'oh they use strap ons'
    That was clever (Y)

ReputationRep:
    me: if i was a woman, i'd be a lesbian
    friend: um beki...you are a woman
    me: oh....

or

[..after a detailed explanation about space and the sun]
    friend:" ... and so the sun is made of helium"
    me: "ahh so that's why it floats"

or

me: steph you know that FFAF are playign at the round place...um..whatdyacallit
    steph: the octogan?
    me: yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamie)
    My brother (17) said at a BBQ the other day, very confidently "Lightening is made of Ice" - to which, despite being told it's not true by several people then said "Google says lightening is made of ice".
    NASA likes your brother more than you.

ReputationRep:
    friend 1 - I'm allergic to dairy
    friend 2- but you always have eggs for breakfast.

I used to work in toys 'r' us. An elderly lady asked me if we sold playboys, she meant gameboys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    As far as I'm aware Jack Daniels IS a sour mash whiskey. But you're right, she should have known it is a whiskey too.
    Yes, it is; we were well aware of that as whiskey is usually the drink of choice for both of us, which made it all the more amusing. We just thought that to say it's a "sour mash" (especially in such a condescendingly rude tone as she used) and not realise that that means it's a whiskey was perfectly ridiculous - coming from a barmaid, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    this happened saturday afternoon while round me friends house

friend - where do u work
    me - priceless shoes
    friend - what do u sell

duh.......... made me laugh hes 21 as well he should really have got that

ReputationRep:
    when i was doing GCSE physics, there happened to be a puddle of water on the floor and this boy came up to me and pointed at the water and said

"Why is water wet?"

ReputationRep:
    Friend calls me on her phone...

Me: What number is this?

Her: It's my house number.

Me: Oh ok. Where are you?

Dumbest thing I've said in a while lol. Oh and 'Minus Zero' lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ixivxivi)
    NASA likes your brother more than you.
    Lightning in made BY ice, not OF ice.

ReputationRep:
    I put rice in my friend's microwave and when it went 'ping' I said;

'Does that mean it's done?'

I meant the rice (some have to be stirred etc.)
    but everyone thought I didn't know how to use a microwave :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robob)
    Lightning in made BY ice, not OF ice.
    Yeah, yeah, I can read. Hence likes more than you, not loves and adores your brother. Or something.

P.S. I only knew even the vaguest thing about this since about last week and pretend no expertise etc etc. All I want to do is sleep. And be vaguely irritating.:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ixivxivi)
    Yeah, yeah, I can read. Hence likes more than you, not loves and adores your brother. Or something.

P.S. I only knew even the vaguest thing about this since about last week and pretend no expertise etc etc. All I want to do is sleep. And be vaguely irritating.:dontknow:
    But we were getting so much mileage from his coming out with something stupid. *groans* And he turns out to be one word wrong...gutted!

ReputationRep:
    that michael jackson is a proof of evolution

ReputationRep:
    I once wrote in a science book "Living Orgasms" instead of "Living Organisms".

When I was 3ish, in my pushchair, there was a guy at an ATM machine getting out some money, and he had some kind of illness that made him spasm - it wasn't Parkinsons but it was like a much more jolty version. Anyway, when I was younger if I saw something, I commented on it. And I had a loud, bellowing voice. So my mum knew I'd say something so turned me away in my pushchair before I noticed. Unfortunately for her, I already had, and yelled "LOOK MUMMY, FUNNY MAN DANCING!"

:nope:

For the same reason, my mum encouraged people to *not* swear around me as I'd pick it up. However, my auntie's cat went missing, and she was looking everywhere for him and went "****!" - I obviously picked this up.
    My uncle liked to tease me and wind me up - being an only child I fell for it and got very arsey. He stripped my barbie doll and put her clothes on Ken.
    This did not amuse me.
    I promptly snatched Ken off him, marched to the middle of the room and screamed "SSHHHIIIIIIITTTTT!!!!!!"

Strange, strange child.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.