The Student Room Group

I've been sneezing, coughing and got slight runny nose atm (could get better)

I am sneezing every 10 minutes, I have a slight drowsiness, have to wipe my nose every 10 minutes too and sometimes cough.

Should I go into work at the waste centre this evening? Or they may send me home if I tell them.

I do not know if I have to abide by new laws now.

What if my agency shouts at me for no going in? What if I cannot give them proof.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have you tried taking antihistamines?
Reply 2
Nah.

I'm still got a slighy sniffy nose, some coughs.
Reply 3
Bump
Reply 4
Bump
Reply 5
No, you should not. You are clearly ill. You should let them know that you aren't going to turn up though. You only need to worry about evidence after you have been ill for 7 days.
Reply 6
I've stopped coughing, sneezing now.
Original post by Anonymous
I am sneezing every 10 minutes, I have a slight drowsiness, have to wipe my nose every 10 minutes too and sometimes cough.

Should I go into work at the waste centre this evening? Or they may send me home if I tell them.

What if my agency shouts at me for no going in? What if I cannot give them proof.

I think you have covid19
Pollen count is Medium/High today, if you suffer from hay-fever it could be that. As someone else said, take some antihistamines.
Reply 9
hay fever?
I haven't been out today.

I have still got light coughs and may have to wipe my nose every 15 minutes.
No you should not go to work. Take some antihistamines and see if they help. If they do you have hayfever, if they don't you have something else.

I haven't been out today.

I have still got light coughs and may have to wipe my nose every 15 minutes.

You need to go on the NHS website and check if your symptoms correspond to Covid-19, especially if you have a fever and a dry persistent cough. You should call your work and explain you are having cold-like symptoms and they will tell you if they expect you in work or not
No you should not go to work. Take some antihistamines and see if they help. If they do you have hayfever, if they don't you have something else.

Thanks.

What can I email to the recruitment consultant? He is not going to be pleased as I agreed, but the people over there are quite nice and may even send me home.

What can I say in the email, I agreed to go today and its getting late.
Original post by Fermion.
You need to go on the NHS website and check if your symptoms correspond to Covid-19, especially if you have a fever and a dry persistent cough. You should call your work and explain you are having cold-like symptoms and they will tell you if they expect you in work or not

I'm going to be honest, I will not well now, I am coughing lightly and have to wipe my nose a bit about once every 15-20 minutes. I am sneezing too every 10 minutes, loud sneeze.

I am looking to get a coronavirus test.

They expect me to work (the agency) the workplace are nice and may send me home. However what can I write by email to the agency?
I'm going to be honest, I will not well now, I am coughing lightly and have to wipe my nose a bit about once every 15-20 minutes. I am sneezing too every 10 minutes, loud sneeze.

I am looking to get a coronavirus test.

They expect me to work (the agency) the workplace are nice and may send me home. However what can I write by email to the agency?

So you have contacted your employer and told them you have flu like symptoms and they still expect you to work?
The agency do not know what is happening or how am I feeling.

It is too hot to touch my chest.

I am not well. Not feeling good.

I am coughing every 10 minutes.

I am sneezing every 10 minutes.

I haven't been out.

Call your doctor get tested for Covid-19
I am coughing a lot now.
I am coughing a lot now.

Check if you've got high temperature, then call the NHS helpline, discuss symptoms, asked them if you can go to work. If NHS says you cannot work they will probably arrange a covid test for you. Email agency after you've spoken to NHS and let them know what they said.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending