The Student Room Group

Choosing A Law School

Hello, I’m currently on my final year doing my international A Levels and I’m at the point where I have to start choosing my law schools that I want to apply to.

My predicted grades are:

A* in English

A in Law

B in Business (although I have a chance to get it up to an A in October)

A in Econ (only did it in AS so not a full qualification)

I’m not a UK student so I don’t really no too much about the Universities. But right now the schools I have in mind are:

Lancaster University
University of York
University of Leeds
University of Essex

I’m looking for an all around great experience, from the location, to the campus look and the accommodation.

It might be helpful to know that I want to focus on the contract / corporate law areas in my study.

Also I know about LSE is great for corporate law, but it’s too expensive so I think it’s out of play. (I’m looking for 13-18K tuition)

Finally, I want a university that can help me transition from the UK to Canada. I want to practice law in Canada I don’t know if any of the schools have a exchange program of some sort or just are able to help you transfer degrees.

Thank you in advance
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by AbdelrahmanNasir
Hello, I’m currently on my final year doing my international A Levels and I’m at the point where I have to start choosing my law schools that I want to apply to.

My predicted grades are:

A* in English

A in Law

B in Business (although I have a chance to get it up to an A in October)

A in Econ (only did it in AS so not a full qualification)

I’m not a UK student so I don’t really no too much about the Universities. But right now the schools I have in mind are:

Lancaster University
University of York
University of Leeds
University of Essex

I’m looking for an all around great experience, from the location, to the campus look and the accommodation.

It might be helpful to know that I want to focus on the contract / corporate law areas in my study.

Also I know about LSE is great for corporate law, but it’s too expensive so I think it’s out of play. (I’m looking for 13-18K tuition)

Finally, I want a university that can help me transition from the UK to Canada. I want to practice law in Canada I don’t know if any of the schools have a exchange program of some sort or just are able to help you transfer degrees.

Thank you in advance

To be honest I think Essex is not the best choice - with A*AB predictions I would aim higher and it's not even as though the nearest town is very nice. The other 3 are all good options though.

If you want somewhere with a nice campus I would also take a look at Nottingham, Birmingham & Exeter. The fees for good unis like these will be in the region of 18k but full details can be found on their websites. If you want a safer choice (and a cheaper one) I suggest you look at the University of East Anglia in Norwich - it's a better uni than Essex and the city is much nicer and livelier, in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending