The Student Room Group

Opinions on these unis

Hi just wanted peoples thoughts on Lincoln, Sussex and uea when it comes to nightlife, campus location that sort of thing.

I like the look of all three unis but still haven’t decided which to attend, I’ll be studying history and have received offers from Sussex and uea but will have to do a foundation year, whereas Lincoln haven’t accepted or declined my application yet and there would be no foundation year just a three year course.

I also missed the accommodation application deadline for Sussex and so I’m on a waiting list and may have to have private accommodation, anyone else had this for first year, does it make it harder to make friends and commute to uni?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Lincoln Uni is very central, and the nightlife is good.
Original post by George14701
Hi just wanted peoples thoughts on Lincoln, Sussex and uea when it comes to nightlife, campus location that sort of thing.

I like the look of all three unis but still haven’t decided which to attend, I’ll be studying history and have received offers from Sussex and uea but will have to do a foundation year, whereas Lincoln haven’t accepted or declined my application yet and there would be no foundation year just a three year course.

I also missed the accommodation application deadline for Sussex and so I’m on a waiting list and may have to have private accommodation, anyone else had this for first year, does it make it harder to make friends and commute to uni?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @George14701,

I am a student ambassador for Lincoln and I can vouch for it being an amazing uni! The history course (from what I have heard) is great and very engaging! In terms of student life, the campus is medium in size and right on the edge of town which is very convenient! The nightlife is very good considering it is a small city, there is a student night in town or on campus at least 6 days a week so there is plenty of variety. When it comes to accommodation, they are all situated either on campus or a stones throw around it so none of your friends will ever be far away. Then in later years if you decide to move into a house instead of staying in halls, they are also very close by, most of them less than 10 mins walk away from campus with lots of choice of mini supermarkets nearby. If you have any more questions, we have current history students available on our new platform UniBuddy, you can find them here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Lexy :smile:
4th year student rep
Original post by George14701

Thanks in advance.

I didnt go to sussex but a lot of my friends did and I used to get the train there regularly at the weekends because the atmosphere and nightlife was so good! Its right next to brighton which is amazing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending