Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling strange and conflicted watch

Announcements

Quite recently I ended up cheating on my girlfriend, we've only been going out together for a short while but we'd been at that coupley-friends for a long long time and my feelings for the girl are immense.

The weird thing is, although I feel guilty to the point of tears and I really do love my girlfriend, I can't help but still feel a little (a lot really) drawn to the girl I cheated on her with. I would still like to see her again, I still talk to her and flirt with her and as guilty as I feel and as much as I dislike myself for doing it, I'm still glad it happened as I did have a bit of an interest (albeit almost completely superficial) in the girl in question. I mean, I really hope she's still interested in me, yet on the other side of the coin my heart breaks a little every time I hear my girlfriends voice...

I don't really know what I'm posting this for, maybe just for to get it off my chest so as to better asses the situation. I guess I've just got a major case of wanting to have my cake and eat it. Has anyone been in a similar situation/?

ps. I know its not a very good thing to do to someone but uh, I'd appreciate it if people could keep the hyperbolic insults at a minimum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Has anyone been in a similar situation/?
    No

ReputationRep:
    Do you feel sexually attracted to your girlfriend, or do you just 'love' her rather than anything else?
    If so, this could be why you feel so drawn to cheat.

ReputationRep:
    Its bad but things like that happen.. It all comes down to how much you love your girlfriend *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    my thought is that you and your girlfriend are actually just friends, which sucks because you thought it was more than that, and it may be it's like a sisterly thing, I was like this a guy once - realised i didn't want to 'be with him' i just loved him to bits. You need to ask yourself how you really feel about both these girls and make a decision because the longer you#re unsure the longr you could be leading her on. If you've realised you've made a mistake you need to come clean with her - as ell as telling her that you cheated and she'll be angry, but she should forgive you if she's a real friend

(Original post by The_Goose)
    my thought is that you and your girlfriend are actually just friends, which sucks because you thought it was more than that, and it may be it's like a sisterly thing,
    Nah, this isn't the case, i have a lot of sisterly female friends and am very capable at noting the distinction between friends and lovers.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 26, 2008
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.