Clapping for NHS workers when you voted Tory is hypocritical.

Watch
New Foil
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hudds999)
The clapping thing was stupid anyway. The hypocritical ***** would clap on a Thursday, meet with their friends on a Saturday and go down to the beach on a Sunday.
100%
InspiredPleb
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Megxn0)
He’s really not. Expressing your opinion on a public website on the debate forum is not imposing your views on anyone. Instead of rebutting it’s “YouRe fOrCing YouR OpiOn On mE”..... I thought we were meant to be the snowflakes 😂 and if the reason you voted tories is because of the type of people that express their opinion on the internet instead of (or over$ the NHS then you are just proving his point.
This. We're going to be pushing a narrative regardless if we're expressing an opinion on a debate forum : to debate is to argue for your view. Don't agree with the OP but to criticise them based on 'forcing an opinion' is a bit … strange. Let's press them on aspects we disagree with in order to have a productive debate. Good points for contention have already been brought up, so wouldn't it be better to steer the conversation in that direction rather than the 'forcing an opinion' narrative? It'd be more interesting, if nothing else.
Last edited by InspiredPleb; 4 weeks ago
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Not really, they didn't get a lot of choice since it was more a "we don't want Corbyn" vote.
I think it was more Labour lost (and the Lib Dems with the revoke Brexit without a referendum lost out too) than the so-called Conservative Party winning. (In my opinion Mr Johnson is not pursuing Tory policies, especially a lack of understanding of business).
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
I think it was more Labour lost (and the Lib Dems with the revoke Brexit without a referendum lost out too) than the so-called Conservative Party winning. (In my opinion Mr Johnson is not pursuing Tory policies, especially a lack of understanding of business).
Johnson is pursuing his popularity contest and will do anything to stay popular.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ThatGuy89)
Its not as simple as that, there are a thousand different factors to take into account when any government takes power. Its not just a matter of the Tories defeunded the NHS because that's what Tories do, thats stupid. I can tell you having worked for he NHS it is, and since the early 00s has been, a monetary black hole.

You can pour billions into it and it will never be satisfied, somewhere it has to stop. The hospital where I work went 90 million over budget, we were already one of the best equipped hospitals in the country. Its the abuse of the system thats the problem. There have literally been fistfights trying to get fit and well people out of hospital beds because they refuse to move. Perhaps if thickheads stopped abusing the system and taking up beds, unnecessary treatments and medicine, we could afford to pay the doctors and nurses their pay rise.

What we learnt when Brown sold all of our gold reserves is that we do not have unlimited money, it has to stop somewhere. The alternative is to vote in a party whose economic policies have left much to be desired. Until there is a reliable and reasonable alternative to the Tories, I feel I have zero choice in the matter, I would rather keep the status quo rather than risk another Labour government and thats just on their economic policies!
This is an interesting point of view, but I think it's wrong to blame the rising cost of the NHS on 'thickheads abusing the system'. We have an aging population and public health is ever declining (see: obesity). Naturally, the NHS will need more money in the long term. Compared to previous decades, per capita spending has barely risen since 2010.
FRS500
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
I can understand people regretting voting for the Conservative Party as even those who remember how poor and part-time a London Mayor Mr Johnson was (as I did- never voted Tory though) could ever have foreseen how bad he has been in this pandemic.

The hypocrisy really comes from those Conservative MPs who voted for cuts actual or real-term to the NHS budget. Not just Mr Johnson in this case.
Bloody Hell his response to the riots.... I was astounded.

He couldn't even handle the London Riots and he lumbered us with water cannon and the garden bridge that never happened but people somehow thought he'd make a good Prime Minister....
ThatGuy89
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
This is an interesting point of view, but I think it's wrong to blame the rising cost of the NHS on 'thickheads abusing the system'. We have an aging population and public health is ever declining (see: obesity). Naturally, the NHS will need more money in the long term. Compared to previous decades, per capita spending has barely risen since 2010.
I would also blame a rapidly increasing population, the maternity wards are at full capacity daily. I agree that our debt has risen a few percent in the past decade, but its no surprise.

Busted roads, aged transport systems, M roads in constant upgrade, housing, the Police, the NHS which actually loses over a billion in fraud. A billion! Our country is old, our systems are old, everything needs revamping especially the way we pay for things and especially the councils and NHS.

How exactly did the City end up with a 1.6 billion pound black hole, thats an incredible amount of money to 'bailout' TFL who often hold the city to ransom. The current system allows all the big organisations like TFL a hefty bite of the cherry, but its been the case since the 90s. Everything needs to change.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (35)
18.23%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.6%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (104)
54.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed