Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oh hell no. whats the point? **** them for fun at most, that's about it

ReputationRep:
    You're in her bed, kissing her and then she says 'That's all you're getting' - and she's 24? That's gotta be the biggest pricktease line I've ever heard/read. Sounds like gal's on a power trip to me.

ReputationRep:
    have to agree with Ilora, you are being taken for a ride here mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would you go out with a young lad, say 19? Someone who lives with his parents still?

Anon, due to not knowing if she uses forum or not.
    It depends on her personality whether she'll consider your age a factor or not. Personally, I wouldn't care if a guy was that much younger than me physically, as long as he wasn't mentally if you know what i mean.
    What's she looking for in life right now? Does she want to fun after uni and before she settles down?
    Is she looking for a husband?
    If she's looking for someone to spend the rest of her life with and you're just some party boy, then sorry, she probably won't consider you.

Some women can be quite unfair about this and just assume if someone is younger than them, they are not even worth talking to. If she's talking to you enough for you to get to know her and want to go out with her, I think that all you need to do is ask yourself if you are the guy she is looking for right now, and then you can work out your chances of rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am the lad, by the way.

Basically she was the one who "Picked me up", she was the one who invited me back to hers (We didn't have sex, que disappointment, she invited me into her bed, we kissed a bit and she said "That's all you're getting!", I respected that though, makes you want it a hell of a lot more), but next morning I was just letting it sink in, pretty random really.

I felt kinda bad as I'm pretty immature really (I reckon anyway), so I didn't ask her for her phone number when I left, but she messaged me on facebook.

I've mentioned meeting up, and she's up for it, but I'm still putting myself in her shoes, and I still can't see why she'd pick me, she's good looking, got money and nice.

The bubbles gotta pop somewhere, right?
    ah, didn't read this bit.

well, don't know. maybe she likes being in control in a relationship and you're young and in awe of her experience?

ReputationRep:
    Does she know how old you are? My friend's brother had a similar thing happen to him - he was "picked up" by a 25 year old woman, and it was only when she asked him what job he did and he told her he was 19 and in his first year of uni that she realised he was younger than her! He's a big beardy guy though, so he does look old for his age. Maybe you do too - did the topic of your age actually come into conversation?

ReputationRep:
    anouther question: are you hot enough to dispel other worries like maturity?

ReputationRep:
    Respect!

I've been trying hard with some older girls but nothing's happening, I work with them & they're 22 (I'm 19).

Good luck son! I don't see why they wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'm 24 and I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 25 and I wouldn't. But I wouldn't date a 19 year old who lived in his own place either. I think a 5 year gap at that age is quite a big one. I'd be much more likely to date someone five years older.

I think guys are much less worried about that kind of thing. I know guys in their mid-20s who date 19 yr olds and younger!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    ah, didn't read this bit.

well, don't know. maybe she likes being in control in a relationship and you're young and in awe of her experience?
    Despite what I said above, it sounds like this girl is doing all the chasing. Maybe she is interested. I would advise you to play it cool and see if she keeps after you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, well my mum's 5 years older than my dad - and back when they first met (aaages ago! ) it was never a problem, and that was 25 years ago!

You just have to try not to care that much what 'society' expects of you, but be happy in yourself that you're a good person.

Hmm... I could discourage you now by saying my parents got divorced a few years ago, but I won't go into that too much :p: Actually tbh that had nothing to do with age anyway. In other words, you have nothing to worry about hun, all the best, and also here is a hug because you were brave enough to start a thread on this topic :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rokit)
    Difficult one

I dont think the guy would have enough life experience at 19 tbh so no

If I was 30 and he was 25 then not a problem
    OK Rokit made an excellent point here, and I think I should also point out that my parents (both) were well into their 20s before they met :o:

I'm actually not sure whether my mum would've gone out with my dad had he been 19, he himself was already gone 23 when they first met.

Well I think if you are mature for your age then it should still work out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    have to agree with Ilora, you are being taken for a ride here mate
    Oh yeah and if you can ask if she can be more honest with you, you deserve at least that much x

Alright now I'm gonna go have dinner, I spend far too long on these forums :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Promesse)
    Just thought I'd point that out to you .
    Eh? The OP is clearly the 19yo boy in the situation. What is your point?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 24, and haven't met any 19 year olds I'd want to go out with - I wouldn't completely rule it out, but I think it's unlikely I will meet any (and my boyfriend would probably not be too happy about it!). But by the sounds of the story, she's probably quite a different 24 year old from me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 23 and I would :-)
    I've always liked younger boys!

I'm 21, my girlfriend is 25.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.