Turn on thread page Beta

Chinese attack Boris Johnson for being 'rude, arrogant and disrespectful' watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I doubt he's far brighter than the vast, vast majority of his obnoxious left-wing critics.
    Really?

I think he either drops the clown act now, or I start believing that he really is a nutjob.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnnnl)
    wearing thin? surely it peaked at the speech!

now, yes it may start to wear thin.

The best thing is though, I don't think its an act. He really is a muppet!
    I suppose act is a poor choice of word, his persona is starting to wear thin, rather. I found him amusing up until that speech, now I find him quite unbearable, with his braying cronies behind him. The tory party need a makeover.

ReputationRep:
    the chinese spent billions on the olympics when thousands of their people are still living in extreme poverty. i find that offensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    Really?

I think he either drops the clown act now, or I start believing that he really is a nutjob.
    He's perfectly intelligent, he's just a bit inept and bumbling - that hardly makes someone a 'nutjob'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluelight)
    I suppose act is a poor choice of word, his persona is starting to wear thin, rather. I found him amusing up until that speech, now I find him quite unbearable, with his braying cronies behind him. The tory party need a makeover.
    If anyone was braying during that speech, it was Gordon Brown. Is he a Tory now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    If anyone was braying during that speech, it was Gordon Brown. Is he a Tory now?
    I dislike Gordon Brown, but seriously look up the definition of the word braying, you'll find it reads Tory Party.

ReputationRep:
    Boris Johnson = Idiot

ReputationRep:
    that man is a legend.

ReputationRep:
    The more disrespect shown to the Chinese authorities the better as far as I'm concerned - maybe if we piss them off enough they can let us intervene in Sudan and indict Omar al-Bashir...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skagitup)
    the chinese spent billions on the olympics when thousands of their people are still living in extreme poverty. i find that offensive.
    :yep: good call

the chinese need to stop being so serious :rolleyes: Boris is the man! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    The Chinese aren't exactly the masters of etiquette and manners either - when I was there last year it was commonplace to find the chinese man (and interestingly woman!) using the pavement as his or her personal spitoon.. At the dinner table it was perfectly alright to burp and spill food all over the place.. Most annoying of all the Chinese haven't yet discovered the notion of queuing. Then they have the gall to criticise an English gentleman.. bah..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    Boris Johnson = Idiot
    He gives me the impression of being infinitely cleverer than you and your ilk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluelight)
    I dislike Gordon Brown, but seriously look up the definition of the word braying, you'll find it reads Tory Party.
    Well, we Tories do love a good bray.

ReputationRep:
    BoJo should have worn a traditional Chinese costume to the ceremony.
    In not doing so,he has committed a grave insult and dishonour against the Chinese nation and its proud history!
    May he reflect quietly on this most wretched misdeed!!!
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    He gives me the impression of being infinitely cleverer than you and your ilk.

Boris Johnson has never done or said anything intelligent. Funny does not equal clever. Offending other people does not equal clever. Not thinking about the consequences of trying to be funny by making offensive remarks about others is ignorant.

So you have a choice: Boris is a bigotted clown or an ignorant politician.

I have an IQ of 135, above the national average of 100. So far I have managed not to offend whole swathes of the public by accidently letting slip any bigotted views. Having a high IQ I do not have any bigotted views.

I think L i b, that you should try to disprove my claims about Boris' intellect before you make your own about mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)

So you have a choice: Boris is a bigotted clown or an ignorant politician.
    What is it ? The suspense is killing us....

ReputationRep:
    Whiney Ken Livingstone wouldn't have attracted many people to London.
    Boris flies the flag for eccentricity and humour - what Britain does best.

And who are the Chinese to preach to others about respect, considering their human rights record?

ReputationRep:
    THIS is why I love Boris

the chinese need to 'chillax'
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Rehehelly)
    Different cultures view things differently.

I find boris johnson funny to watch and his voice makes me laugh.
    exactly - I found him quite funny. Its only sport, fgs,

ReputationRep:
    the Dallas Morning News didnt like our olympics handover segment:
    And they're waiting for a bus. In the rain. I'm surprised there isn't a dancing fish and chips stand in this scene. Legendary Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has popped out of the float and is jamming away on Whole Lotta Love. Now some girl in gold lamé is singing along and butchering the song. This is a new low. Spread the word: Rock 'n Roll is dead. Oh Lord. Surprise, surprise: it's Becks. Yeah, look, and he's even got a soccer ball. And see? The dancers have umbrellas because IT RAINS IN LONDON. Get it?!? Why aren't they singing something from Mary Poppins? Go ahead, bang us over the head with famous people from LONDON. This whole skit has been like the Holiday Inn going up against the Taj Mahal. What a spectacular display of...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.