Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OP, you're right to love his ping pong speach, it's a great speach
    haha "wif waf"
    "ping pong is coming home"

Boris Johnson is one funny man, he once complained about his wife to a friend of mine.
    They were in a library together.. aha

Oh if only he was the politics teacher at my college. I'd take it up.

ReputationRep:
    he is such a moron... anyone remembering his speech when he was elected mayor?
    something about "humanely euthanasing" the "dogs-in-the-manger" or something equally ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    Boris Johnson has never done or said anything intelligent. Funny does not equal clever. Offending other people does not equal clever. Not thinking about the consequences of trying to be funny by making offensive remarks about others is ignorant.

So you have a choice: Boris is a bigotted clown or an ignorant politician.

I have an IQ of 135, above the national average of 100. So far I have managed not to offend whole swathes of the public by accidently letting slip any bigotted views. Having a high IQ I do not have any bigotted views.

I think L i b, that you should try to disprove my claims about Boris' intellect before you make your own about mine.
    I suppose BoJo taking a 2:i in Greats at Oxford and previously being a Kings scholar at Eton is indicative of at least some form of intelligence. It is certainly a better indicator than an IQ of 135.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worldwide)
    the Dallas Morning News didnt like our olympics handover segment:
    What should we have done?
    did they say?

I guess not, it's easier just to criticize.

ReputationRep:
    Boris Johnson has never done or said anything intelligent.
    Oh, I disagree. How many of his books have you read?

I have an IQ of 135, above the national average of 100.
    :rolleyes:

So far I have managed not to offend whole swathes of the public by accidently letting slip any bigotted views. Having a high IQ I do not have any bigotted views.

I think L i b, that you should try to disprove my claims about Boris' intellect before you make your own about mine.
    I think you should probably learn some basic spelling before boasting about your high IQ on an internet forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyarian)
    he is such a moron... anyone remembering his speech when he was elected mayor?
    something about "humanely euthanasing" the "dogs-in-the-manger" or something equally ridiculous.
    Come on woman!
    Doesn't bullshutting and charming your way to be one of the most powerful and famous men in the country and Mayor of one of the greatest cities on Earth,demonstrate a certain degree of intellect and low cunning? :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    to be honest i think almost everyone must have noticed unbuttons suit - it stuck out liek a sore thumb

also anyone who is anyone should know that the chinese like it formal, so he should have acted a bit more formal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worldwide)
    the Dallas Morning News didnt like our olympics handover segment:
    "And they're waiting for a bus. In the rain. I'm surprised there isn't a dancing fish and chips stand in this scene. Legendary Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has popped out of the float and is jamming away on Whole Lotta Love. Now some girl in gold lamé is singing along and butchering the song. This is a new low. Spread the word: Rock 'n Roll is dead. Oh Lord. Surprise, surprise: it's Becks. Yeah, look, and he's even got a soccer ball. And see? The dancers have umbrellas because IT RAINS IN LONDON. Get it?!? Why aren't they singing something from Mary Poppins? Go ahead, bang us over the head with famous people from LONDON. This whole skit has been like the Holiday Inn going up against the Taj Mahal. What a spectacular display of...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

That actually passed as journalism in a real newspaper? Dear Lord, I wouldn't even have accepted that when I was editing the university rag...

Anyway, if I was wanting to have a quiet night's sleep, some breakfast, a bit of room service and so forth, I would certainly choose a Holiday Inn over the Taj Mahal.

ReputationRep:
    Smashing stuff. That'll show those pompous mongol *****.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say, we've got Jimmy Page, we instantly win. But that duet was...upsetting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I think you should probably learn some basic spelling before boasting about your high IQ on an internet forum.

I was tired...

ReputationRep:
    Christ that's amusing. One chinese blogger gets irate on behalf of the population that Boris' unbuttoned jacket indicated disrespect to the host, when the whole bloody world is "disrespecting the host" regarding human rights issues.

What's the chinese symbol for "priorities?" And where is it hewn in stone that you have to take the Olympics seriously? I guess the Chinese were told about Boris being, well, Boris, but decided not to take it seriously: oh delicious irony.

Not thinking about the consequences of trying to be funny by making offensive remarks about others is ignorant.

So you have a choice: Boris is a bigotted clown or an ignorant politician.
    So I take it you didn't think about the consequences of your - incidentally highly amusing - offensive remarks about his intelligence, the consequence being that people don't take you seriously. :p: Glad you are as ignorant as you preach.

PS: Without meaning to sound condescending: boasting about your IQ ain't the way forward. Ever. I daresay you knew that beforehand though, I don't want to insult your high intelligence. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Haha...yes Boris did look so awkward when up on the stage, he did not know what to do with his hands! :p:

How can they say that the London 8-minute thing was "too expensive"? Oh the irony.

ReputationRep:
    Poppy ****. I think he's great, albeit rather ditzy.

ReputationRep:
    Boris is a ****, but what a protest vote from the people of London!!

Chinese culture is all about respect, it's impossible to get it right if you aren't from there - its so complicated. I lived in China for about 9 months and there is a myriad of things you can do wrong in even getting out of your house and paying for bicycle rent.

I doubt they were bothered in all honesty - and people from China posting this sort of thing are probably doing it to belittle any other Olympic Ceremonies so that Beijing 2008 is seen as "the best" - no matter how untrue it may be.

ReputationRep:
    Just imagine if Boris is still here in 2012. He's going to be the jester to the worlds.

ReputationRep:
    I found his ping pong speech amusing :p:

ReputationRep:
    haha got to love Boris

ReputationRep:
    did any of you lot see bojo on who do you think you are.. with such greats as
    'attaturk.. whsoe face is on every statue, bin and municipal dog compound'
    or,
    'I dont care who my ancestors fornicated with.. i mean if they ..umm.. had fun..'
    I used to despise him with a vengence but now i just realise how comical he really is.. we should ahve 2 mayors.. ken to do the work and boris to walk around making weirdly funny quips, and of course, offending the chinese

ReputationRep:
    I thought he was a disgrace in terms of presentation and all the hand gesturing when he was walking up, embarassment to London.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.