Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All at once)
    Hitler is estimated to have had an IQ of 140+. Perhaps you should learn what IQ actually is.

'Rude, arrogant and disrespectful'? I don't think so. Did he look an utter shambles? Yes.

I'm not saying i prefer him to Boris, but someone like Blair (or indeed Cameron) would have looked far better at an event like that and represented GB & London far more favourably than either Boris or Livingstone.
    I fear your post may have more weight if Mr Godwin wasn't advising you on content.

(Original post by Prudy)
    I fear your post may have more weight if Mr Godwin wasn't advising you on content.
    Haha, it was the most obvious example to highlight him not having a clue what IQ is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All at once)
    Hitler is estimated to have had an IQ of 140+. Perhaps you should learn what IQ actually is.
    How do people estimate how well historical figures would have done,on an IQ test?
    edit:or are you taking the piss? :hmmmm2:

(Original post by Arka)
    How do people estimate how well historical figures would have done,on an IQ test?
    edit:or are you taking the piss? :hmmmm2:
    I don't know. The inclusion of that example was a result of a 10 second google in order to simply illustrate my point of barden not knowing what IQ is.

I'm going to go back to the Fitness section now, where i actually have a clue about what i'm saying.

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Yes Boris!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arka)
    Let's assume you are smarter than Boris Johnson.
    Based on this particular piece of information,what conclusion are we supposed to draw?

I never said I was more intelligent than Boris. I was merely pointing out that given the information available I have, as far as the members of TSR know, done fewer unintelligent things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crimson Black)
    There's no correlation between amount of people offended, and stupidity I'm afraid. It seems there is correlation between people who are offended and believing him to be less intelligent than them though. :rolleyes:

A personal comparison between you and Boris will probably always come out with Boris on top, because Boris is a known quantity and you are not. Unfounded, possibly speculated (? - we don't know) IQ measurement on your behalf vs. what Boris has written, not to mention done in an intellectual capacity (spectator editor, the above mentioned Cambs degree, for example).

Furthermore, you declare yourself more intelligent than Boris because he's the opposite of your political belief: if that really is the case, might I suggest a prise of subjectivity? 17 year old A-level student (I assume?) vs Boris Johnson in the intelligence stakes. I daresay even when Boris was your age he was more intelligent than you are. :eek:

That he's right and Boris Johnson's wrong: might intelligence is right!
    A point I've made time and time again; but no-one ever pays any heed. He was a scholar to both Eton and Oxford, who graduated joint-top of his class from the the former and with a sound 2:1 in Classics from the latter (whilst nursing political ambitions and presiding over the Oxford Union; had he applied himself, he was predicted a First). Absent-minded and dubiously competent he may be, but for wet-behind-the-ears non-entity of a sixth-form student to criticise his intellect is nothing short of laughable.

ReputationRep:
    Boris is a pretty good representation of the average brit though, an ugly, fat,drunk with no social skills who likes to make a fool of himslef when abroad. What's the problem?

ReputationRep:
    His speech was actually excellent - amusing and not at all rude, it was just more informal than one would expect.

ReputationRep:
    It was disrespectful and he was a bit too casual I think. The London piece was absolutely terrible.

We keep hearing London 2012 is going to be small but great, but every single indication so far, starting from that awful logo, is that it's going to be embarrassing. I hope they get their act together, and quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crimson Black)
    There's no correlation between amount of people offended, and stupidity I'm afraid. It seems there is correlation between people who are offended and believing him to be less intelligent than them though. :rolleyes:

A personal comparison between you and Boris will probably always come out with Boris on top, because Boris is a known quantity and you are not. Unfounded, possibly speculated (? - we don't know) IQ measurement on your behalf vs. what Boris has written, not to mention done in an intellectual capacity (spectator editor, the above mentioned Cambs degree, for example).

Furthermore, you declare yourself more intelligent than Boris because he's the opposite of your political belief: if that really is the case, might I suggest a prise of subjectivity? 17 year old A-level student (I assume?) vs Boris Johnson in the intelligence stakes. I daresay even when Boris was your age he was more intelligent than you are. :eek:

That he's right and Boris Johnson's wrong: might intelligence is right!

There is a correllation when you're ignorance causes you to offend the masses and you are surprised when it happens.

I merely stated my IQ as a measure of my intelligence in the face of being accused of being less intelligent than someone I accused of being an 'idiot'.

When has Boris ever been right?

My claim to have an IQ of 135 is based on my taking an IQ test.

I never actually said "Boris is an idiot because he's a Tory".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    A point I've made time and time again; but no-one ever pays any heed. He was a scholar to both Eton and Oxford, who graduated joint-top of his class from the the former and with a sound 2:1 in Classics from the latter (whilst nursing political ambitions and presiding over the Oxford Union; had he applied himself, he was predicted a First). Absent-minded and dubiously competent he may be, but for wet-behind-the-ears non-entity of a sixth-form student to criticise his intellect is nothing short of laughable.

Gordon Brown has a First Class Honours in History yet this country is allegedly going to ****.

Boris' parents payed for him to go to Eton.

A degree in Classics (or History for that matter) does not neccessarily show intelligence, just the abilty to absorb information and regurgitate.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad at least Boris wear a suit, despite how badly-done it is.........

ReputationRep:
    yes, Oxford Union, so I forgot a word. Pedants. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    Gordon Brown has a First Class Honours in History yet this country is allegedly going to ****.

Boris' parents payed for him to go to Eton.

A degree in Classics (or History for that matter) does not neccessarily show intelligence, just the abilty to absorb information and regurgitate.
    I was going to reply to this nonsense, but I'll leave it for someone else to tear to shreds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I was going to reply to this nonsense, but I'll leave it for someone else to tear to shreds.

I was demonstrating how his attending Eton was irrelevant and that there are are double standards where qualifications of members of different parties are concerned, rendering whoever it was who said I am against Boris for purely ideological reasons hypocritical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Ditto.

I'll point out though, Barden, that assuming you took a monitored, properly administered IQ test, and that IQ tests are worth anything at all - they are measured on different scales. There isn't just one IQ test. 135, whilst it might be reasonably high in some tests, on others really isn't anything special at all.

Though, after insulting all Classics and History scholars in your last post, I think you can reasonably up your 'Offended People' stats to <50. You may beat Boris yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubberband)
    Ditto.

I'll point out though, Barden, that assuming you took a monitored, properly administered IQ test, and that IQ tests are worth anything at all - they are measured on different scales. There isn't just one IQ test. 135, whilst it might be reasonably high in some tests, on others really isn't anything special at all.

Though, after insulting all Classics and History scholars in your last post, I think you can reasonably up your 'Offended People' stats to <50. You may beat Boris yet.

I didn't insult Classics and History scholars on international television.

I also said "...doesn't neccessarily show intelligence...."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    I didn't insult Classics and History scholars on international television.

I also said "...doesn't neccessarily show intelligence...."
    'Necessarily' diplomatically jammed in or not, you said that a 2.i in History or Classics is attainable by just regurgitating information - which simply isn't true. Like it or not, Boris did have to do some work for his degree.

And nope...you insulted them not on international television, but on (the very private medium of) the internet.

ReputationRep:
    I love Boris Can't believe he wasn't elected as rector of Edinburgh Uni! What was everyone thinking?!

Anyway, surely the closing ceremony should be rather informal? It seems a bit petty of the blogger, but hey, it's just one person and obviously not the opinion of the Chinese as a whole.

That article from the Dallas newspaper is shocking. So awfully written!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.