Please help with Science Revision

Watch
cuckedforlife
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Going into yr9 and doing a test to get into Grammar School. Every other subject I'm fine with apart from science. I've got no idea where to start/how to revise/what to do. If anyone would be kind enough to share notes, give me the topics the test will probably cover, or tell me what I should be revising for, please respond!

I'm even up for some sort of tutoring, if anyone is up for it.

1kat
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cuckedforlife)
Going into yr9 and doing a test to get into Grammar School. Every other subject I'm fine with apart from science. I've got no idea where to start/how to revise/what to do. If anyone would be kind enough to share notes, give me the topics the test will probably cover, or tell me what I should be revising for, please respond!

I'm even up for some sort of tutoring, if anyone is up for it.
Im so sorry i have absolutely no clue and no experience with this whatsoever. They may ask about cell structure, reproduction and energy stores such as kinetic or sound energy and maybe forces? They could also ask about solutions and mixtures, atoms and atomic structure as well as simple chemical equations?

In terms of revision I can help you a lot so feel free to reply with any questions. I'd first recommend doing a few google searches for 13+ science exam papers and having a look at the topics asked. Make a list of these and separate them into two categories: things you have learnt and things you haven't. For science I HIGHLY recommend converting information into flashcards and revising them. Do this first for topics you already have learnt in the past. When you have done this, use resources such as bbc bitesize and seneca to gain a rough understanding of the unfamiliar topics. Then make flashcards for them. When you have learnt all this information, have a go at actually doing the papers you found online to see how well you can answer them. Hope this helps!!
mnbvcxzz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My revision technique for knowledge based questions (never did grammar school but have done many science tests) is to imagine every possible question that could spring from the course content, and write them on flashcards. I then make my mum quiz me constantly for the next month and the pressure of my mum checking my answers magically helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (25)
16.56%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (49)
32.45%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (14)
9.27%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (15)
9.93%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.64%
I think it's an unfair expectation (38)
25.17%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise