Did he like me?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I told this guy I liked him in September last year, just at the start of the new school year. I told him because I thought he liked me because he would smile at me when he saw me and try and talk to me and stuff. Well, we started talking and had a lot in common but whenever I asked if he liked me or not he would change the topic and avoid the question. I got tired of it and so I ‘dumped’ him I guess (this was around Christmas time) but then when we got back after Christmas holidays he kept looking at me in class and would do things that made me think he liked me. Like I stayed behind to help a teacher with an open day and he doesn’t normally do things like that. He even said he wasn’t going to help any teachers out on open day but when I said I was staying, he stayed too. And just other things like how he always asked me about homework and stuff and look at me in class- even my friend said he looks at me a lot. Anyway, I thought he might like me but I was still mad at him about before and then lockdown happened and we aren’t in many of the same classes, so we only have a few classes on zoom together and we don’t really talk because, well, you can’t really have private convos with people and the teacher controls our mics. Anyway, he hasn’t spoken to me but I can’t stop thinking about how he was before the lockdown, and his birthday is coming up soon this month so I want to say happy birthday but don’t want it to be weird. I still really like him and idk if he likes me. I want to talk to him again but I keep thinking that if he liked me he would have told me by now. What should I do? He’s really cute and is kind of shy I guess, but he knows I like him because I made the first move and stuff. I get that I was the one who ended it and so he might think I don’t like him anymore, so idk what to do. Do I tell him? Help me....
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
If you like him then I would definitely say happy birthday because if you don't then that's it really isn't it? It takes 5 seconds to do it I had a similar situation to you. I think he does like you and he's just shy about what to do/nervous about what to say etc
Whatever you, do not tell him again that you like him/have feelings for him...not for a little while anyway. Tell him happy birthday and then see what happens You can always report back on here afterwards for more advice.
shangie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hi😊,
for now just assume that he's playing with you just to be on the safe side.
The more you push yourself in to him, the more he would make you feel like he's not into you or probably not at all. It seems to me that he likes the feeling of having someone crushing on him and so lure you again into that thought that he might possibly like you.
I suggest you ignore him and make him feel like your world doesn't revolve around him to get a reaction.
If he gets bothered by it and finally makes a move and talk you into it, then there's a chance that hes actually into.
If he let it pass and continue those diabolical stares so your emotions would get triggered, dump him.
One confession is enough, dont repeat yourself twice or more, now if he has a thing for you its his turn to make a move.
Girl you are honestly more than this and such brave enough to confess individual like deserves someone who's doesn't cower but instead vocalise their feelings in return if they actually like you.✌
Anonymous #1
(Original post by shangie)
hi😊,
for now just assume that he's playing with you just to be on the safe side.
The more you push yourself in to him, the more he would make you feel like he's not into you or probably not at all. It seems to me that he likes the feeling of having someone crushing on him and so lure you again into that thought that he might possibly like you.
I suggest you ignore him and make him feel like your world doesn't revolve around him to get a reaction.
If he gets bothered by it and finally makes a move and talk you into it, then there's a chance that hes actually into.
If he let it pass and continue those diabolical stares so your emotions would get triggered, dump him.
One confession is enough, dont repeat yourself twice or more, now if he has a thing for you its his turn to make a move.
Girl you are honestly more than this and such brave enough to confess individual like deserves someone who's doesn't cower but instead vocalise their feelings in return if they actually like you.✌
:lol: aww, thanks. I guess I just didn’t think of him as that type because he’s not a player or anything. He’s not the type where a lot of girls are ever interested in him so he maybe he does like the attention and is just playing with me. Thanks, I’ll just think on it some more and see whether I’ll bother saying happy bday or not. It would be really weird because we haven’t talked to eachother on Snapchat in 24 weeks soo....
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you like him then I would definitely say happy birthday because if you don't then that's it really isn't it? It takes 5 seconds to do it I had a similar situation to you. I think he does like you and he's just shy about what to do/nervous about what to say etc
Whatever you, do not tell him again that you like him/have feelings for him...not for a little while anyway. Tell him happy birthday and then see what happens You can always report back on here afterwards for more advice.
Yeah, you’re right. Telling him I still like him won’t help things, if he’s interested then it’s his turn to say something. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (13)
20.63%
I'm not sure (2)
3.17%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (18)
28.57%
I have already dropped out (3)
4.76%
I'm not a current university student (27)
42.86%

Watched Threads