LOWEY1410
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi all,

I've been looking around at this topic for the past day and haven't found any real concrete evidence on whether a cbat taken for an raf application can be transferred to a royal navy application instead of retaking the cbat for fat.

Many thanks.
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I replied to your post in the other thread.
LOWEY1410
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlphaTango)
I replied to your post in the other thread.
Hi, yes I did see your post thank you. I just wanted some more clarification from others if they've done so. I have contacted the careers office for an official answer but haven't had one yet.
AlphaTango
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Surnia RAF_Adam

I’ve tagged the two people most likely to have a more definitive answer.

As I said if it’s within 3 years and involves the same battery of tests. The answer will be yes. The FAA / AAC use RAF CBAT for aptitude selection.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
No idea. Was never taught it and never had to deal with someone at that stage. If someone with dual applications decided to go Navy we closed down their RAF case and that was it; nothing further.
AlphaTango
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Cheers Surnia.
LOWEY1410
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
No idea. Was never taught it and never had to deal with someone at that stage. If someone with dual applications decided to go Navy we closed down their RAF case and that was it; nothing further.
Oh ok. I've contacted my careers office so hopefully I'll hear back from them tomorrow to clear that up. Thanks for the response.
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by LOWEY1410)
Hi all,

I've been looking around at this topic for the past day and haven't found any real concrete evidence on whether a cbat taken for an raf application can be transferred to a royal navy application instead of retaking the cbat for fat.

Many thanks.
Lowey

I'm assuming that you are interested in applying to the Fleet Air Arm having previously applied to the RAF.

I'm not sure whether you have already begun your application to the Royal Navy but, if you haven't, I would fill in the initial enquiry form today and then navigate the question of the CBAT later.

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers...arm/aircrewman
Last edited by Kerzen; 3 months ago
LOWEY1410
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
Lowey

I'm assuming that you are interested in applying to the Fleet Air Arm having previously applied to the RAF.

I'm not sure whether you have already begun your application to the Royal Navy but, if you haven't, I would fill in the initial enquiry form today and then navigate the question of the CBAT later.

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers...arm/aircrewman
Hi, I've applied for wsop in the raf, so would be looking at aircrewman in the fleet air arm. It's still very early days for me though as it's only something I've nust reconsidered, probably because of all the time I've got since the start of the virus etc etc. It is something I am looking into on a daily basis now.
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi

As far as I know the score can be taken, as the RN put everyone through their CBAT at Cranwell. However, whether they use the same scores/marking or require a certain level, I don't know.

I'll be honest, the best place to ask is the RN. Have you tried on their Recruitment FB page? They will be able to ask what's required etc.

I don't think there's an official RN contact on here, unfortunately.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Having thought about it, I'm wondering whether the best people to ask would be the CAs in the AFCOs, as they tend to be good on the more complex questions. The ideal would be if the CAs also did replies on the RN Recruitment page on Facebook, but that's something which wasn't built in to the page and the people in the call centre who do the replies on the RN Recruitment page don't do complex!

I would try the CAs in Portsmouth either by phone or via e-mail. They are open till 4.30 pm today.

Telephone number

023 928 26536

[email protected]
LOWEY1410
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
Having thought about it, I'm wondering whether the best people to ask would be the CAs in the AFCOs, as they tend to be good on the more complex questions. The ideal would be if the CAs also did replies on the RN Recruitment page on Facebook, but that's something which wasn't built in to the page and the people in the call centre who do the replies on the RN Recruitment page don't do complex!

I would try the CAs in Portsmouth either by phone or via e-mail. They are open till 4.30 pm today.

Telephone number

023 928 26536

[email protected]
I will send them an email later today. Thank you for the info!
LOWEY1410
Rep:
?
(Original post by RAF_Adam)
Hi

As far as I know the score can be taken, as the RN put everyone through their CBAT at Cranwell. However, whether they use the same scores/marking or require a certain level, I don't know.

I'll be honest, the best place to ask is the RN. Have you tried on their Recruitment FB page? They will be able to ask what's required etc.

I don't think there's an official RN contact on here, unfortunately.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Thanks for the response. Can I apply for the Royal Navy whilst I have an ongoing RAF application? I've seen some others have done so but nothing that is recent.
RAF_Adam
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Thanks for the response. Can I apply for the Royal Navy whilst I have an ongoing RAF application? I've seen some others have done so but nothing that is recent.
Hi

There's nothing stopping you having an application in for all three services if you want. But at some point you're going to have to make a decision about which one you take forward. And they may not all be at the same stage when you have to do that. The decision of what you do is up to you.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
LOWEY1410
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
By 'closing down the case', was this during the application or once an application had resulted in an offer of service etc? Thanks.
RAF_Adam
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
By 'closing down the case', was this during the application or once an application had resulted in an offer of service etc? Thanks.
Hi

It could be anywhere in the process. Like I advised before, the length of the application process varies from role to role and service to service. If you're already got an application in for the RAF and now submit one for the RN then it's unlikely that you'll get your offer of service for both at the same time. At some point you need to make the decision.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
LOWEY1410
Rep:
?
(Original post by RAF_Adam)
Hi

It could be anywhere in the process. Like I advised before, the length of the application process varies from role to role and service to service. If you're already got an application in for the RAF and now submit one for the RN then it's unlikely that you'll get your offer of service for both at the same time. At some point you need to make the decision.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Thank you for the clarification. I thought it went down to length of application and offer of service but almost sounded like you had to make a decision before such events. Many thanks.
RAF_Adam
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Thank you for the clarification. I thought it went down to length of application and offer of service but almost sounded like you had to make a decision before such events. Many thanks.
Hi

That's exactly what I meant. The application process for the RAF normally takes between 3-9 months to complete (longer currently for obvious reasons). If you're already into your application process for the RAF, say you've done CBAT, Medial and Fitness Test and are awaiting an OASC date, THEN you submit an application for the RN, you're going to get to your offer of service for the RAF long before you do for the RN. Therefore, you'll need to make a decision at that point whether you take up the RAF offer, or continue your application for the RN and close down the RAF one.

Every service has slots they need to fill, if you're being offered one, then you need to make the decision whether to take it or not. There will be others in the process they can offer it to if you say no.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
At any time during the application. There comes a point where someone has to decide which career they are going to pursue. If someone went with the Navy their RAF application was closed, even if they hadn't got to the Offer of Service stage with the Navy. If they were ultimately unsuccessful in their Navy application they could always try again with the RAF; we would have certain details saved as some results are valid for a certain amount of time and they wouldn't need to do everything again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.27%
I'm not sure (33)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (239)
30.8%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed