Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hell yes
    There's nothing that annoys me more than a girl that thinks she can hit me and get away with it just because she is a female.
    Equal opportunities

ReputationRep:
    I hate the whole idea of 'never hit a woman.'
    Screw that, my philosophy is never hit anyone. Violence is pathetic - it sucks. A truly strong person will battle with wise words and not their fists. I bet there is correlation between violence and present day neanderthals, and I think that's telling.

What really annoys me is women who believe in the whole 'never hit a woman' idea yet would happily hit a bloke for something quite minor.

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friggerpants)
    Following on from equal opportunities and all dat.......

A guy comes starts a fight with you on a night out, you'd punch him, right?

Would you do the same to a girl?
    I'd like to think I'm sensible enough to let this ride, be the bigger man (ooh how cliche), and let the bouncers/security/whoever else, deal with them, this being the case in this scenario I definately wouldn't hit a girl.

ReputationRep:
    Only if she had a weapon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Saurus)
    Only if she had a weapon
    In this case would her fists not be weapons?

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt it but there are situations where I might be inclined to.

e.g. If I was going to be given £100m for punching Jade Goody in the face...y'know, that's not an offer you can just turn down very easily. Thinking about it, hell, I'd probably do it for free.

ReputationRep:
    As i've said before, i think men should be strong enough to restrain a woman if she was to start hitting you, rather than hitting her. The physical difference is too great to suggest that we're equal in that respect. Obviously if i was in real danger i would act appropriatly, but it would be a very rare case.

ReputationRep:
    Im not scared to hit a woman but i would definitely hit her in the face and not in the stomach in case shes pregnant cos i dont want to be responsible for someones death

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillV3)
    In this case would her fists not be weapons?
    Youll be lucky if shell attack you with her fists cos most women prefer to kick in the balls area with their knees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UAG)
    Youll be lucky if shell attack you with her fists cos most women prefer to kick in the balls area with their knees
    Ah you sound as if you speak from experience so I won't dispute that :p:, however same thing still applies just replace fists with feet and knees.

ReputationRep:
    Wont hit a girl but i have hit my sisters tho ....when i was younger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im in a coma)
    I hate the whole idea of 'never hit a woman.'
    Screw that, my philosophy is never hit anyone. Violence is pathetic - it sucks. A truly strong person will battle with wise words and not their fists. I bet there is correlation between violence and present day neanderthals, and I think that's telling.

What really annoys me is women who believe in the whole 'never hit a woman' idea yet would happily hit a bloke for something quite minor.
    No offence intended here, but as good and "respectable" your philosophy is here, it's not going to do you any wonders if you're faced with a situation where violence is your only resort. You shouldn't think you're above the basic human instinct of fighting; I'm going to assume you've grown up in a village of some kind.

On-topic; if I had to, yes. If I'm in a dangerous situation gender discrimination wouldn't particularly cross my mind. I wouldn't punch them, though... that's just plain stupid. I'd subdue them to an extent based on the seriousness of the situation. If they were a real threat then I'd dislocate one of their shoulders (very easy to do, and I have done it in fights when I was a kid) and leave them there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King4eva)
    Wont hit a girl but i have hit my sisters tho ....when i was younger
    so youll just run away while shell be hitting you from the back? Oo
    thats a position of a looser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillV3)
    Ah you sound as if you speak from experience so I won't dispute that :p:, however same thing still applies just replace fists with feet and knees.
    yeah that experience was quite unpleasent when someone finds out you been cheating on her you should either hit first or run away asap :woo:

ReputationRep:
    No, not unless they were beating my girlfriend or my mum up... My mum is 5'2" and my girlfriend is 5'0" so I wouldn't just let them get beaten up... If someone hits them I am flogging them like they are guy, no questions asked.

I wouldn't under any other circum stance though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UAG)
    yeah that experience was quite unpleasent when someone finds out you been cheating on her you should either hit first or run away asap :woo:
    Or just not cheat on her in the first place?! :rolleyes:

I would never randomly throw a punch at anyone, especially not a boy. Just because there are better ways to resolve things
    I also know from play-fights with boyfriends how easy I am to head-lock/arm-lock/push to the floor - so I would stand no chance, even if I did choose to go for him. Not worth the risk!

ReputationRep:
    If she was attacking me and I was actually in some kind of danger.. then probably.

Probably just grab her by the throat though.

In an unprovoked situation? No.
    In a domestic situation? No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsphyxiateD)
    I'm going to assume you've grown up in a village of some kind.
    I grew up in a city, and I don't go around belting women.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather grab her arm and then watch her struggle...

But honestly, if she were some sort of kickass ninja, like those ridiculously overpowered female computer game characters, I'd either retaliate or flee. Otherwise, punching a girl is a definite no-no. In fact, I'd avoid punching anyone, even if in danger. Far better to run away.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.