Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, would you punch a girl? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If a large woman attacked me first then yeah. If a small petite woman had a go I would just try to restrain her.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a guy but

If a girl was attacking you like properly then a slap would be in order or restraining
    but not a punch!

But girls to seem to think its fine to hit a guy.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't punch I don't think. I'd probably try other forms of restraint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im in a coma)
    Perhaps I should have included some more on this.
    I would respond should violence be necessary, and I have done so in the past. It is a last resort however.

Correct, I am from a village but a very strange village at that. Your stereotype is far from correct here. I was once threatened with a cricket bat over something trivial - probably merely the fact they didn't like me (people around here seem to have a habit for that).
    Fair play, cricket bats are nasty business. Worst I've encountered personally was a shotgun when I was 12 ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    lol no but my friend got smacked in the face by a girl and got a bloodynose haha

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, admittedly, if I were to get angry with a guy, punch them in the face & walk away, I would not expect them to run up from behind me and beat the living crap out of me.
    Having said that, if a guy did that to me, I'd go ape on them!
    But that's just because I don't know a single guy who couldn't knock me out with one arm behind their back! Because of this, I would never expect any of them to try and hurt me because it would be too easy. I, however, am not a Gladiator Woman, so I would not expect to cause any serious damage.
    I'd expect to get hit back from a weedy guy who was about as strong as me, but why knock the crap out of a girl who you know fully well you could beat in 3 seconds??

ReputationRep:
    Lets face it, only a stupid drunk chav/**** would do that. They have fights every other day,
    but otherwise no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsphyxiateD)
    Wow, you missed the point of my post entirely. I was referring to the guy I was quoting's apparent disdain of all things violence, I was merely stereotypically commenting on a lack of violence in a village setting, or whatever. Read > think > post. ;->
    People are violent in villages too, so you're wrong however you try to wriggle out of it. Haven't you seen Hot Fuzz?

ReputationRep:
    i wudnt punch in the face but id throw like a brick at one

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but it would take a lot and I have never had to. The closest I came was when I was going home from London on the train (the 1808, amazingly) and a group of uncouth soldiers started to get drunk where I was standing. One of them started to dance on me. I ignored her until she said she was going to kiss me, at which point I told her not to and she said "or what?" She had a pretty good point, since if anything started I was poised to get my arse kicked by her mates. I just gave her my best Clint Squint and said "just don't," and she backed off. But if she had tried to kiss me I would have pushed her away, and if she'd done anything after that I would probably have ended up tapping her in the jaw.

I might have been beated up, bottled and/or stabbed, but I wasn't about to let that kiss me.

It sure made me think twice about supporting the troops. Most of the ones that I've actually met are right C's.

ReputationRep:
    Only if it was in self defence after she hit me more than once and i was about to get about to get hurt. And it would have to be for no reason. If i pissed made her angry then i would not.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, why not?

ReputationRep:
    No.
    I'd probably walk off.

ReputationRep:
    i would only whack her if she didnt cook the dinner correctly.

ReputationRep:
    Only if I had to tell her to do something for a second time!

ReputationRep:
    Nope, i can't physically hit girls, my mind wont allow me too lol

ReputationRep:
    If they were wielding a weapon?

Sure, I'd drop kick her into next week.

i would treat them the same way i do anyone when defending my self. force only if needed.

ReputationRep:
    If a girl kicks you in the nuts I think you have the right to punch her as they've evened up the score.

I've been hit by some hench fat girl trying to jack me before but I didn't hit her back. Partly because she hadn't taken anything off me and partly because she had about 12 mates (girls and guys) standing behind her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friggerpants)
    You can't just pick and choose rules regarding equal opportunities though, that's like me saying:

"Sally, go an make the tea, as girls are good at mashing up".

You're not allowed to make up your own rules! You either follow it too a tee, or don't follow it at all.
    If only life were that simple!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.