The Student Room Group

Is coffee good for you?

I'm 20 years old and I don't think I've ever had coffee in my entire life? I've only had tea. I'm going to have coffee today! I read it can be bad for your teeth but the I also read it is good for your teeth if you have it without milk?

Also, I'm thinking about trying green tea!
i drink it 3 times a day, it sort of makes you energetic but kind of anxious
Reply 2
At least you've had tea. I've never had tea or coffee.
Original post by hanna10291
i drink it 3 times a day, it sort of makes you energetic but kind of anxious

Anxious? Yeah that doesn't sound too good
Original post by TheHunchoMan
I'm 20 years old and I don't think I've ever had coffee in my entire life? I've only had tea. I'm going to have coffee today! I read it can be bad for your teeth but the I also read it is good for your teeth if you have it without milk?

Also, I'm thinking about trying green tea!

In moderation it is fine. Drinking it a lot could gradually stain your teeth, like tea does. Drinking it excessively could lead to issues with caffeine as your body could become dependant on it.
Original post by gtty123
At least you've had tea. I've never had tea or coffee.

I don't like tea at all, do you plan on trying them?
Original post by DrawTheLine
In moderation it is fine. Drinking it a lot could gradually stain your teeth, like tea does. Drinking it excessively could lead to issues with caffeine as your body could become dependant on it.

This is why I'm slightly afraid to have it? People usually mention coffee when talking about bad addictions (not that I suffer from any) like people who smoke, drink, etc.
This is why I'm slightly afraid to have it? People usually mention coffee when talking about bad addictions (not that I suffer from any) like people who smoke, drink, etc.

There's no harm in trying it. Personally, I drink a lot of tea and if I don't have a cup of tea by around 10/11am I get a bad headache so I know that my body is somewhat addicted to the caffeine, but it isn't "an addiction" in that sense. It only becomes a problem really when you are actively using it as a way to stay awake and functional instead of maintaining good sleep and diet habits.
Reply 8
I don't like tea at all, do you plan on trying them?

For the foreseeable future, not really. I don't like the concept of 'tea' or 'coffee'. I'd much rather prefer to have water. Also, I want to see how long I can go without consuming 'tea' or 'coffee'. Almost like a personal record for myself.
Original post by gtty123
For the foreseeable future, not really. I don't like the concept of 'tea' or 'coffee'. I'd much rather prefer to have water. Also, I want to see how long I can go without consuming 'tea' or 'coffee'. Almost like a personal record for myself.

Have you smelt coffee? Soooo good
Have you smelt coffee? Soooo good

Not really my 'cup of tea'. Haha, you see what I did there?

Quick Reply

Latest