how are btec grades going to be decided in terms of going to university?

Watch
Xavier28
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i have a lot of work to hand in and im really unsure on what to do , teachers havent been emailing my class this whole lockdown, does anyone know whats going on with btecs year 13's. how will the grades be set out and how will the whole uni process work?
megathon360
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there,
Can't speak for your college but mine rushed me to hand in as much work as possible before mid June and the rest of the work we couldn't do was predicted by the college. Yours might be the same and I'm pretty sure the deadline for final grades is this week anyway.
Did a QCF BTEC level 3 / extended diploma in electrical / electronic engineering and I've been told unofficially by a lecturer that I was given D*D*D* overall.
Officially results will most likely be on the same day as A-level results day and you will know what uni you get into then. Hope that helps a bit
bamtutor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Xavier28)
i have a lot of work to hand in and im really unsure on what to do , teachers havent been emailing my class this whole lockdown, does anyone know whats going on with btecs year 13's. how will the grades be set out and how will the whole uni process work?
Your teachers will have sent actual grades for units you had completed and predicted grades for the others. If you regularly met all deadlines and achieved a Distinction first time for the units you finished, they will more than likely have predicted Distinctions for the others. If however, you were just getting passes and ./ or missed deadlines, they will probably predict just passes for the units that were incomplete due to lockdown.
Pearson are currently carrying out quality checks on all centres, and they will either agree the grades, or adjust them up or down if necessary.
You will receive your results on Thursday 13th August and UCAS will update automatically on that date.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (207)
39.28%
Take autumn exams (158)
29.98%
Look for a job (18)
3.42%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.17%
Take a year out (90)
17.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
6.07%

Watched Threads