The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

The Official BCU Clearing Thread 2020

Hi everyone!

This thread is your one-stop-shop for everything you need to know about Clearing 2020.

Hopefully you’ll find the below tips useful but please feel free to ask any questions you might have about the process or our courses. Or maybe you just want to let us know that you’re thinking of applying through Clearing, we’d love to hear from you! :h:

Clearing gives you the chance to find a full time undergraduate course to start this September, and did you know around 73,000 students found a place through Clearing in 2019? So you definitely won’t be alone. :u:

Check out our quick video explaining Clearing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbtC8yOHzrw

[video="youtube;XbtC8yOHzrw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbtC8yOHzrw[/video]

The FAQS

Who can apply through Clearing?

You might apply though clearing if…

You’ve decided to apply last minute

Your exam results aren’t as you expected

You’ve change your mind about the course you’ve applied for

Your exam results are better than you expected this is known as Adjustment

How do I find courses available in Clearing?

You can start searching now for what courses are available to apply for in Clearing and check their entry requirements. Most universities should have a list of courses available already.You can find a full list of our courses in Clearing here: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/clearing/coursesIf you already have your results and find a course you like, there’s no need to wait, you can apply online now.

How do I apply?

If you still need to wait until results day, check our website nearer the time for the number of our Clearing hotline which will be open from 7.30am on results day Thursday 13 August. All you have to do is give us a call, tell us what course you’d like to apply for and have 1) your UCAS ID number and 2) UCAS tariff points to hand. The important thing is to stay calm, lines might be busy but keep calling, and don’t worry, it’s not an interview or anything we just ask for a few details. If you struggle to get through on the phone, you can also get in touch with us via twitter or instagram @mybcu, or Facebook /birminghamcityuniversity

What happens after you get an offer?

If you get an offer you’ll then get an email telling you what to do next to accept it. You’ll get more information later about what you need to do before starting in September, such as enrolment and student finance. If you already have an offer from elsewhere, you’ll have to release yourself from this offer before you can accept your new one.

If you’re still not sure if Clearing could be an option for you, check out some of our students' Clearing stories which show how they secured their place at BCU, as well as giving you tips and advice.

If you're after specific information regarding the current Coronavirus situation, including what the start of term will look like or our plans for teaching in September, take a look at our pledge to current or prospective students or refer to our full FAQs.

Still got Clearing questions? Drop us a comment below! :wavey:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi everyone!

This thread is your one-stop-shop for everything you need to know about Clearing 2020.

Hopefully you’ll find the below tips useful but please feel free to ask any questions you might have about the process or our courses. Or maybe you just want to let us know that you’re thinking of applying through Clearing, we’d love to hear from you! :h:

Clearing gives you the chance to find a full time undergraduate course to start this September, and did you know around 73,000 students found a place through Clearing in 2019? So you definitely won’t be alone. :u:

Check out our quick video explaining Clearing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbtC8yOHzrw

[video="youtube;XbtC8yOHzrw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbtC8yOHzrw[/video]

The FAQS

Who can apply through Clearing?

You might apply though clearing if…

You’ve decided to apply last minute

Your exam results aren’t as you expected

You’ve change your mind about the course you’ve applied for

Your exam results are better than you expected this is known as Adjustment

How do I find courses available in Clearing?

You can start searching now for what courses are available to apply for in Clearing and check their entry requirements. Most universities should have a list of courses available already.You can find a full list of our courses in Clearing here: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/clearing/coursesIf you already have your results and find a course you like, there’s no need to wait, you can apply online now.

How do I apply?

If you still need to wait until results day, check our website nearer the time for the number of our Clearing hotline which will be open from 7.30am on results day Thursday 13 August. All you have to do is give us a call, tell us what course you’d like to apply for and have 1) your UCAS ID number and 2) UCAS tariff points to hand. The important thing is to stay calm, lines might be busy but keep calling, and don’t worry, it’s not an interview or anything we just ask for a few details. If you struggle to get through on the phone, you can also get in touch with us via twitter or instagram @mybcu, or Facebook /birminghamcityuniversity

What happens after you get an offer?

If you get an offer you’ll then get an email telling you what to do next to accept it. You’ll get more information later about what you need to do before starting in September, such as enrolment and student finance. If you already have an offer from elsewhere, you’ll have to release yourself from this offer before you can accept your new one.

If you’re still not sure if Clearing could be an option for you, check out some of our students' Clearing stories which show how they secured their place at BCU, as well as giving you tips and advice.

If you're after specific information regarding the current Coronavirus situation, including what the start of term will look like or our plans for teaching in September, take a look at our pledge to current or prospective students or refer to our full FAQs.

Still got Clearing questions? Drop us a comment below! :wavey:

Hey!
Ive applied through clearing, do you know roughly how long it will take to hear back?

North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by x.Tash87.x
Hey!
Ive applied through clearing, do you know roughly how long it will take to hear back?

Yes interested to hear this too! Sent my application off direct to BCU on Sunday.
Hi @x.Tash87.x and @rbrid89,
It's great that you've applied to join us through Clearing! :banana:

Our Admissions team are currently processing Clearing applications as quickly as possible. If you've still not heard back in two weeks time, I'd suggest following it up, which you can do through the form on this page.

Chloe - BCU Team
Reply 4
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hi @x.Tash87.x and @rbrid89,
It's great that you've applied to join us through Clearing! :banana:

Our Admissions team are currently processing Clearing applications as quickly as possible. If you've still not heard back in two weeks time, I'd suggest following it up, which you can do through the form on this page.

Chloe - BCU Team

Thanks Chloe. It said 2 working days for a response when I submitted hence me asking, thanks for letting us know.
Reply 5
I applied on Thursday through clearing too (originally applied through UCAS but then got an email saying to apply directly to the uni). Hoping I’ll hear something this week 🤞🏼
Original post by emlou93
I applied on Thursday through clearing too (originally applied through UCAS but then got an email saying to apply directly to the uni). Hoping I’ll hear something this week 🤞🏼

Have you heard anything yet? I’ve also applied through clearing and was wondering roughly how long it would take to hear something back 😊
Reply 7
Original post by KimmyMason
Have you heard anything yet? I’ve also applied through clearing and was wondering roughly how long it would take to hear something back 😊

No not yet, I had to send some additional info to admissions and they said they will pass my application to the tutor but I’ve not heard anything else
Original post by emlou93
No not yet, I had to send some additional info to admissions and they said they will pass my application to the tutor but I’ve not heard anything else

Did they contact you to ask for that additional information or did you send it off your own back? How long has it been now since you first applied?
Original post by rbrid89
Thanks Chloe. It said 2 working days for a response when I submitted hence me asking, thanks for letting us know.

Have you heard back about your application yet? I’ve been waiting just over a week now for a response
Reply 10
Original post by KimmyMason
Did they contact you to ask for that additional information or did you send it off your own back? How long has it been now since you first applied?

I applied about 3 weeks ago then I was told the tutor had my application a week ago.
They contacted me as something hadn’t uploaded properly
Original post by x.Tash87.x
Hey!

Hi,

Do you need to fill out an application in order to apply for clearing?? The closest I've done is just enquire to course admissions, but they just said to see how it goes on results day and if anything happens, I'd have to contact them.

I've only expressed an interest in signing up for clearing and whatnot.
Original post by ohlittlegarden
Hi,

Do you need to fill out an application in order to apply for clearing?? The closest I've done is just enquire to course admissions, but they just said to see how it goes on results day and if anything happens, I'd have to contact them.

I've only expressed an interest in signing up for clearing and whatnot.

1 minute ago

If you don’t have your results yet, you have to wait until you’ve got them. Once you do, you can call the clearing hotline and speak to someone about potentially being offered a place. After you’ve been made an offer, you will receive an email from the university which explains what you need to do next. Hope this helps! 😊
Hi all,

Don't forget you can call our Clearing hotline on 0121 331 6777 from 7.30am today (13th Aug) or apply online via the course pages.

Plus, we will honour any predicted grade which you want to use so you don’t have to wait to get the results of your appeal!

Good luck to everybody!

The BCU team
(edited 3 years ago)
Have a relative applied to you directly through clearing but has now had an email saying to add BCU to UCAS track to get an offer, problem is he never used UCAS in the first place so will have to start from scratch! Any way around accepting an offer without using UCAS ? 😄

Quick Reply

Latest