The Student Room Group

Question for women....

women [20+]

If you got pregnant tomorrow, would you get an abortion?

Scroll to see replies

yes (probably would get the morning after pill if it happened tomorrow though)
Reply 2
Original post by black tea
yes (probably would get the morning after pill if it happened tomorrow though)

what would be your reason?
Original post by Anonymous
what would be your reason?

I don't want a baby
Reply 4
Honestly...

No.
Don't get me wrong though I would be traumatized initially to be fair, as having a baby is not a part of my life plan any time soon and that would literally just throw current and short term plans off track. But I would keep the baby.
I am truly fortunate to have a supportive group of individuals around me so this wouldn't be something I would be going through alone. But I know everyone doesn't have that, so yeah it is a subjective individual choice.

For me though, the baby is staying.
(edited 3 years ago)
yes i’d get an abortion. i’m 16, starting sixth form in september and my family are nowhere near supportive of me enough to help me with a baby. i think it would be way too much for me to deal with and i am nowhere near ready enough for that yet. i don’t even know if i want kids at all, so i’d definitely have the pregnancy terminated
Original post by annabel_39
yes i’d get an abortion. i’m 16, starting sixth form in september and my family are nowhere near supportive of me enough to help me with a baby. i think it would be way too much for me to deal with and i am nowhere near ready enough for that yet. i don’t even know if i want kids at all, so i’d definitely have the pregnancy terminated

I think OP was asking women aged 20+
—-
(edited 3 years ago)
I think OP was asking women aged 20+

what makes you say that? it wasn’t in the title of the question so i apologise if my response was irrelevant to but it wasn’t clear to me who the question was aimed at?
what makes you say that? it wasn’t in the title of the question so i apologise if my response was irrelevant to but it wasn’t clear to me who the question was aimed at?

It's in their post:
women [20+]

If you got pregnant tomorrow, would you get an abortion?

oh i’m ever so sorry if i’m not a woman under your rules. yes i’m not an adult but i’m able to carry a child so in physical terms, doesn’t that make me a woman? if not, when girls start their period and therefore become physically mature enough to get pregnant, why do people say “you’re now a woman!”

i’m not looking to start a debate, but it is confusing.
oh i’m ever so sorry if i’m not a woman under your rules. yes i’m not an adult but i’m able to carry a child so in physical terms, doesn’t that make me a woman? if not, when girls start their period and therefore become physically mature enough to get pregnant, why do people say “you’re now a woman!”

Why is it confusing? Women in their 20s are at a different stage in life to a 16 year old and therefore their priorities are different. Presumably, OP is in their 20s and wants an opinion from people their age
Why is it confusing? Women in their 20s are at a different stage in life to a 16 year old and therefore their priorities are different. Presumably, OP is in their 20s and wants an opinion from people their age

ok fair enough, i know what you mean. it’s just confusing because so many people think 16 is mature enough to be called a woman but then i’m not an adult until i’m 18. “woman” is usually the word used for a female who’s an adult if you get what i mean
A thousand times yes. It wouldn't even be something I'd sit and think about. I'd be at that clinic as fast as possible.

Hun I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick. No ones said you’re not a woman- OP has just specified they’re looking for the opinion of women in their 20’s, likely because most teens aren’t really in a great position to keep a baby anyway so most would probably side with the termination.

Me personally- I‘d probably keep a baby now. I’ve been with my partner for quite a few years and we’re in a pretty stable relationship. I’d be gutted because things are finally going places with our careers and we’re not even 100% we want kids but I think I’d begrudge it too much if I got rid of a baby now and in a couple of years we end up trying for one anyway.
Original post by Coconutter
Hun I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick. No ones said you’re not a woman- OP has just specified they’re looking for the opinion of women in their 20’s, likely because most teens aren’t really in a great position to keep a baby anyway so most would probably side with the termination.

Me personally- I‘d probably keep a baby now. I’ve been with my partner for quite a few years and we’re in a pretty stable relationship. I’d be gutted because things are finally going places with our careers and we’re not even 100% we want kids but I think I’d begrudge it too much if I got rid of a baby now and in a couple of years we end up trying for one anyway.

The page might not have loaded up for me properly (it does that sometimes) but where does the op specify they are looking for women in their 20s?
OP hasn’t specified anything about age- a different poster has made that assumption due to the fact they used the term “women”
The page might not have loaded up for me properly (it does that sometimes) but where does the op specify they are looking for women in their 20s?

first line of their first post

To me their first like says "women" and then goes onto the question. Has it been changed?

The first line of their first post says
“Women”

It does not say women in their 20s/30s/40s
It says women

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending