Self esteem is so low

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have gained a lot of weight over the couple of years and I know this is my problem and I’m the only one who can fix it. And I am trying to fix it with dieting and walking a lot more. But for the mean time I hate my body and the way I look so much I don’t even like to leave my house. I don’t like to ‘catch up’ with friends from before because of my weight gain. Any advice on how to handle this for now?
gomgossa
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You are dieting and walking now to try and lose weight but the only way you will be successful in doing that is also loving yourself. Don't forget that you are still the same person no matter what, and you should try and be healthy to take care of yourself rather than because you hate yourself. Be kind to yourself and be confident that you are having the courage to take steps towards a goal you have set- that's an amazing thing!

As for friends, again try and tell yourself that you are trying to be healthy to take care of yourself rather than what others will think of you. Your friends will not care nearly as much about your weight gain as you think. Everybody loses and gains weight over their life, so dont worry too much and just focus on your goal now.

Please don't let your weight be a hindrance to living your life! You cant magically lose all the weight in a day, so why not live your life in the meantime? Something I would advise you to do is once a week write in a journal at least 5 things you are grateful for to try and focus on some other things you enjoy about your life.

You can do it! And don't be afraid to ask from support from family and friends. Your support network is very important. Good luck on your journey!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
U never look as bad as u think, just carry on, keep healthy and you will get there
Anonymous #1
(Original post by gomgossa)
You are dieting and walking now to try and lose weight but the only way you will be successful in doing that is also loving yourself. Don't forget that you are still the same person no matter what, and you should try and be healthy to take care of yourself rather than because you hate yourself. Be kind to yourself and be confident that you are having the courage to take steps towards a goal you have set- that's an amazing thing!

As for friends, again try and tell yourself that you are trying to be healthy to take care of yourself rather than what others will think of you. Your friends will not care nearly as much about your weight gain as you think. Everybody loses and gains weight over their life, so dont worry too much and just focus on your goal now.

Please don't let your weight be a hindrance to living your life! You cant magically lose all the weight in a day, so why not live your life in the meantime? Something I would advise you to do is once a week write in a journal at least 5 things you are grateful for to try and focus on some other things you enjoy about your life.

You can do it! And don't be afraid to ask from support from family and friends. Your support network is very important. Good luck on your journey!
Thank you so much that’s such a positive response. We need more people like you in this world 😊
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
U never look as bad as u think, just carry on, keep healthy and you will get there
Thank you ☺️
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
Was in the same situation myself a while back, you can do it things just take time but with hard work and dedication you can get anything.
gomgossa
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you so much that’s such a positive response. We need more people like you in this world 😊
Awh thank you for saying that! I hope you can start to feel better soon 😁
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (27)
17.53%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (49)
31.82%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (14)
9.09%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
10.39%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.55%
I think it's an unfair expectation (38)
24.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.95%

Watched Threads