annabel_39
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i’m a 16 yr old girl if this makes any difference to my problem:

long post, only read if you want to!

so, my families relationship has been really bad ever since i was born really. i know that may sound odd but i’m the oldest of me and my two younger brothers (aged 7 & 12) and we’ve never heard our parents say “i love you” to us even once, not even when we were little. i know saying the words don’t mean much and that “your parents still love you” but i genuinely don’t think they do, hand on my heart. it makes me so upset because seeing my friends mums and dads, they’re just so lovely and although it may not be the same behind closed doors, my parents are still just as bad even when friends are round etc. of the two, my dad is by far the worst. he is quite simply an ********, my parents aren’t married but have been together for 27 years. my mum cannot stand him, never shows any affection towards him (or us either) and frequently says he’s an arse and threatens to break up with him. i know this is all normal for parents to fight but it’s the way she always says she’s gonna leave him but never does, and i want her to. i cant explain how badly i want to permanent live with my mum and brothers and never have to see my dad again. he does have his good days when i can sit and watch tv with him in the evening and he’s perfectly fine, but the majority of the time he’s nasty, very nasty. he’s always agressive, never physically though and i mean that. he much rather prefers to shout and growl at us, like we’re dogs and he has a massive vendetta against my 12 year old brother. always calls him names which make him really upset, picks on him for tiny things etc . as for me, he’s got a constantly bad attitude around me, thinks i’m answering back (when i’m really not, promise!) and it’s almost like he gets really easily irritated by everything i do. this isn’t a recent thing before you ask, he’s always been nasty but i’d say the last 3 years he’s got worse. my mum has said causally that he’s got depression and i denied it in my head but now thinking about it she’s probably right. i don’t know if he’s been diagnosed with it, he’d never tell me anyway. i won’t go on to list every problem with him, but an example of the type of things he’ll say to me:

*ill walk into the kitchen to get a drink*
“**** OFF ANNABEL GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN IM BUSY MAKING DINNER”

*me asking when dinner is, politely*
“ITS READY WHEN ITS READY. you don’t do anything in the house so don’t you *growls* DARE ask me when dinner is ready. LEARN TO ****ING COOK YOURSELF*

^^^ he always ALWAYS says about me “never doing anything to help around the house” but it’s complete lies.

today alone, i did all of this (expect number 1) without being asked to because i’m scared of my dad shouting at me:

1)he woke me up early and shouted at me to go to the shop to get bread for his lunch, so i did. it’s a 15 minute walk away but i did it anyway, he still shouted at me for random stuff though and never said please or thankyou
2)tidied the kitchen thoroughly including the floor and the stove
3)did dishwasher (loading & unloading) 3 times in total
4)helped with the tesco delivery that came this evening and put everything away in the cupboards
5)my dad cooked dinner but i served it up for me and my brothers

and i do most of this kinda stuff everyday, he never gets my brother to do anything (although he’s nearly 13 and perfectly capable to do some of it) which i think is unfair. before he’s said “girls are meant to clean” but now when i remind him he said that, he denies ever saying it.
going back to relationships, my dad had a massive fight with my grandma (his mum) 6 years ago, it was caused by him and he was the bad guy in that arguement. he has refused to talk to her or see her since, and she’s so heartbroken about it, he’s her son after all. he genuienly doesn’t care though.

about an hour ago (10pm ish) i was down in the living room with both my parents watching tv but i didn’t stay there for more than 5 minutes because my dad randomly starts going off about how he’s gonna make sure i move out when i’m 18 and that i need to pay for my own phone etc. in these situations i either say nothing or reply with something that’s not backchat, because that makes him SO angry. funny thing, is that i would offer to pay for my phone if i could, but i am skint. i have £0.44 in my account at the moment because my parents don’t give me any money. i have to buy everything myself, which isn’t like my friends. he also shouts at me to get myself a job, but in march i was offered an interview for a job at tesco and he didn’t let me go because he thought i’d bring the covid-19 virus to him from working there. 3 months later, and he’s still shouting at me to get a job although he is the reason i never even got to accept the interview. it was a really good wage and if i got the job i would’ve been over the moon.

i think i’m gonna stop talking now because i’ve been waffling on for ages, but i think what this post is about is me asking what on earth i can do? i’m not asking for any professional advice answers, or anything really. i guess i just wanna be listened to because most of my friends say they don’t know what they could say to help me. i want to move out as soon as i can but i don’t have the money, is there anything i could change regarding my dad? for example should i spend less time with him in the evenings so he doesn’t have the opportunity to be horrible? even though that would make him angry because i “never leave my room”? i need help !
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Jeeeez all of the above sounds unhealthy! Are you able to talk to your mum about how you feel? Or a school guidance teacher, anyone!
annabel_39
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Jeeeez all of the above sounds unhealthy! Are you able to talk to your mum about how you feel? Or a school guidance teacher, anyone!
i think it is really unhealthy, not gonna lie. i’m quite a strong person when it comes to my dad, there are times almost everyday where i feel myself about to cry from something he’s said but i know how to stop myself. i don’t cry infront if my family, usually just in my room by myself listening to harry styles lol.

as for talking to people about it, i always talk to my mum and say “dad did this” or “dad said this” but almost everytime she just says “don’t even talk to me about that man, i’ve had enough of him. he’s an arse”

which doesn’t help me obviously, she just agrees with me if i say he’s being horrible. i’ve thought about telling my pastoral support teacher at school but to be honest all she’s gonna do is call a meeting with my dad to tell him he needs to sort himself out, i can only imagine how angry that would make him!!!
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by annabel_39)
i think it is really unhealthy, not gonna lie. i’m quite a strong person when it comes to my dad, there are times almost everyday where i feel myself about to cry from something he’s said but i know how to stop myself. i don’t cry infront if my family, usually just in my room by myself listening to harry styles lol.

as for talking to people about it, i always talk to my mum and say “dad did this” or “dad said this” but almost everytime she just says “don’t even talk to me about that man, i’ve had enough of him. he’s an arse”

which doesn’t help me obviously, she just agrees with me if i say he’s being horrible. i’ve thought about telling my pastoral support teacher at school but to be honest all she’s gonna do is call a meeting with my dad to tell him he needs to sort himself out, i can only imagine how angry that would make him!!!
It would make him angry but it probably will give him some sober thoughts too and make him think twice about how he is treating his family! It’s tough one, you don’t want to aggravate a situation but one person is causing several people misery and talking to him about how you feel doesn’t sound like it would help. I advise you to talk to your support teacher, write down everything you want to say and be brave! I have a kid and I could never make him feel this way, as a parent, I hate the thought of a kid feeling bullied by theirs!
annabel_39
Rep:
?
It would make him angry but it probably will give him some sober thoughts too and make him think twice about how he is treating his family! It’s tough one, you don’t want to aggravate a situation but one person is causing several people misery and talking to him about how you feel doesn’t sound like it would help. I advise you to talk to your support teacher, write down everything you want to say and be brave! I have a kid and I could never make him feel this way, as a parent, I hate the thought of a kid feeling bullied by theirs!
thank you for taking the time to reply. on a few occasions i’ve found myself very close to talking to a teacher about it but then i decide not to at the last minute. like you said about aggravating the situation, i feel like that’s all i would do. if i were to sit down with my dad and talk to him in a mature way and tell him that he can’t be like this and he needs to be a lot nicer towards our family he would genuienly just tell me to get out. a frequent phrase of his whenever i say anything even SLIGHTLY negative is “disappear annabel, get out of my sight. and don’t come back” which makes me feel indescribably awful. my mum never does much to help the situation, she just agrees that he’s horrible but never really stands up to him. it’s a nightmare.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
thank you for taking the time to reply. on a few occasions i’ve found myself very close to talking to a teacher about it but then i decide not to at the last minute. like you said about aggravating the situation, i feel like that’s all i would do. if i were to sit down with my dad and talk to him in a mature way and tell him that he can’t be like this and he needs to be a lot nicer towards our family he would genuienly just tell me to get out. a frequent phrase of his whenever i say anything even SLIGHTLY negative is “disappear annabel, get out of my sight. and don’t come back” which makes me feel indescribably awful. my mum never does much to help the situation, she just agrees that he’s horrible but never really stands up to him. it’s a nightmare.
Sorry but he sounds absolutely awful to live with. It’s bad that you now resent your dad because of how he treats yous. I would speak to someone, he sounds like a massive bully and needs someone in authority to tell him he’s wrong. Are you going to uni? Move away if you can!
annabel_39
Rep:
?
Sorry but he sounds absolutely awful to live with. It’s bad that you now resent your dad because of how he treats yous. I would speak to someone, he sounds like a massive bully and needs someone in authority to tell him he’s wrong. Are you going to uni? Move away if you can!
honestly he is awful to live with! with his job, most of the time he actually comes home earlier than he’s meant to (he works at the docks, they send him home early if there’s nothing for him to do). today he was on a day shift which (as awful as it sounds) is so nice for us because it means he’s not in the house to be horrible to us. but as usual, he got home early at just 1pm, a whole 6 hours earlier than he was meant to. me and my mums reaction is always to roll our eyes at eachother and silently complain that he’s home, we cant stand him.

i don’t want to go to uni but i do really want to move out, i’m in a bit of a dilemma because it looks like i won’t have anywhere to go. whenever i do move out, i won’t be staying in contact with him and i think he can guess that! my gcse results day is on the 20th august and i don’t even plan on telling him what i get! he doesn’t even know what year i am in school and doesn’t know what subjects i chose for gcse, because he basically couldn’t care less.

if he progressively gets worse by the time i’m starting sixth form in sept, i’ll try to talk to my pastoral support teachers because i guess there’s no harm in asking for help?
Allera
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,
I am very saddened to hear about your situation.
Your so young to be facing this abuse. I think you should talk to your father about his behaviour even if it results in a man tantrum. It just might make him reflect on himself. It is definitely worth the shot if it changes him. Personally I think your mum should stand up and support you, and leave him. Maybe your mum is financially tied. Does she have a job? There may be a reason for her not leaving him. You should get a job for yourself as soon as possible to have at least a steady income to save up. I'm glad that you are planning to attend the sixth form. I would recommend you go to university and try getting it through scholarship. It will definitely help you in term of types of jobs offered to you.
What do you plan on becoming?
You sound like a sweet girl that should never have to go through this.
If you need to talk to someone, I'm always free and more than willing to listen.
Honestly, I wish I could adopt you!
Feel free to message me!
Hope it helps.
annabel_39
Rep:
?
(Original post by Allera)
Hi,
I am very saddened to hear about your situation.
Your so young to be facing this abuse. I think you should talk to your father about his behaviour even if it results in a man tantrum. It just might make him reflect on himself. It is definitely worth the shot if it changes him. Personally I think your mum should stand up and support you, and leave him. Maybe your mum is financially tied. Does she have a job? There may be a reason for her not leaving him. You should get a job for yourself as soon as possible to have at least a steady income to save up. I'm glad that you are planning to attend the sixth form. I would recommend you go to university and try getting it through scholarship. It will definitely help you in term of types of jobs offered to you.
What do you plan on becoming?
You sound like a sweet girl that should never have to go through this.
If you need to talk to someone, I'm always free and more than willing to listen.
Honestly, I wish I could adopt you!
Feel free to message me!
Hope it helps.
[edited: this was such a long reply, im so sorry!]

thankyou so much for taking the time to read and reply to me! you’re right, i should talk to him about his behaviour but he genuienly would have a complete man tantrum as you said. the kind of things i’d expect him to say/do is laugh at whatever i’m saying, then shout stuff like “how DARE you tell me how i can behave around you. you’re my daughter i’ll say whatever the **** i want.” i think the thing that’s getting to me the most currently is that every little thing i say, my dad will make a horrible comment to. even if it wasn’t to do with him in the first place
example: literally only 3 days ago, my mum was putting together our tesco order for delivery, and asked me if there’s anything we need. i said “could we get more nutella? i think we’re running out”
now my dad was in the same room, but he wasn’t at all jnvolved in the conversation. he goes “annabel who the hell do you think you are demanding for food? you contribute NOTHING to this house so buck up your ideas. GET OUT” to which i slowly walk out of the room silently not knowing what to say back. this happens all the time, just random things that my dad manages to turn horrible. my mum never does much, she’ll watch me walk out but not think to say anything to my dad about how nasty that was.

as for my mum not breaking up with me dad despite always threatening to, id say she is relatively financially tied because my dads income is around double what hers is. we’re not a poor family but not wealthy, we’re just comfortable i guess. i think her reason for not leaving him is because of all the complications of if he’d be able to see us kids or not, and who’d move out of the house etc. me and my brothers all secretly want them to break up but we’ve never said it to my mum. i didn’t mention this but i’m also not that close to my brothers, so i often feel so alone especially after my dads just had a massive go at me for no reason. i don’t really know how i put up with it as well as i do, but i’m still completely fed up and it’s making me miserable.

as for my future, i don’t know what i want to do when i’m older and i’ve always said no to uni because i don’t really want to be doing education for an extra 3 years, even if it’s somethjng i enjoy. i’m quite under motivated with school, probably because my family don’t care if i do well or not and a way to show that, is my dad had no idea that i’m starting a levels in september, and when i said i picked psychology a level to take he shouted at me non-stop for taking such a “pathetic” a level. although, i don’t think he can say that if he didn’t even know i was going to sixth form in the first place! it’s not that i don’t tell him, it’s more that he doesn’t care to know.

thank you ever so much for listening to me, it helps me a lot more than you’d ever think. i find myself wishing i could be adopted sometimes, or just move out but i also don’t want to live by myself. i always say to my friends how i wish school was residential and we could live on campus, but it’s not obviously

thank you again, you really helped me
Last edited by annabel_39; 4 weeks ago
Allera
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
[edited: this was such a long reply, im so sorry!]

thankyou so much for taking the time to read and reply to me! you’re right, i should talk to him about his behaviour but he genuienly would have a complete man tantrum as you said. the kind of things i’d expect him to say/do is laugh at whatever i’m saying, then shout stuff like “how DARE you tell me how i can behave around you. you’re my daughter i’ll say whatever the **** i want.” i think the thing that’s getting to me the most currently is that every little thing i say, my dad will make a horrible comment to. even if it wasn’t to do with him in the first place
example: literally only 3 days ago, my mum was putting together our tesco order for delivery, and asked me if there’s anything we need. i said “could we get more nutella? i think we’re running out”
now my dad was in the same room, but he wasn’t at all jnvolved in the conversation. he goes “annabel who the hell do you think you are demanding for food? you contribute NOTHING to this house so buck up your ideas. GET OUT” to which i slowly walk out of the room silently not knowing what to say back. this happens all the time, just random things that my dad manages to turn horrible. my mum never does much, she’ll watch me walk out but not think to say anything to my dad about how nasty that was.

as for my mum not breaking up with me dad despite always threatening to, id say she is relatively financially tied because my dads income is around double what hers is. we’re not a poor family but not wealthy, we’re just comfortable i guess. i think her reason for not leaving him is because of all the complications of if he’d be able to see us kids or not, and who’d move out of the house etc. me and my brothers all secretly want them to break up but we’ve never said it to my mum. i didn’t mention this but i’m also not that close to my brothers, so i often feel so alone especially after my dads just had a massive go at me for no reason. i don’t really know how i put up with it as well as i do, but i’m still completely fed up and it’s making me miserable.

as for my future, i don’t know what i want to do when i’m older and i’ve always said no to uni because i don’t really want to be doing education for an extra 3 years, even if it’s somethjng i enjoy. i’m quite under motivated with school, probably because my family don’t care if i do well or not and a way to show that, is my dad had no idea that i’m starting a levels in september, and when i said i picked psychology a level to take he shouted at me non-stop for taking such a “pathetic” a level. although, i don’t think he can say that if he didn’t even know i was going to sixth form in the first place! it’s not that i don’t tell him, it’s more that he doesn’t care to know.

thank you ever so much for listening to me, it helps me a lot more than you’d ever think. i find myself wishing i could be adopted sometimes, or just move out but i also don’t want to live by myself. i always say to my friends how i wish school was residential and we could live on campus, but it’s not obviously

thank you again, you really helped me
Hi,
I'm glad I could help. I hope your situation gets better. Please take care of your mental health. If you ever need anyone to talk to I'm always available. You'll not be troubling me. Just send a message and I'll be there. Again hope it gets better.
Bye
username5323908
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, I feel the same. My parents constantly argue and threaten to leave each other but never do, then it bleeds over into everyday life with them being nasty around the house to me and my little brother and sister.
I think you should try to sit down with your dad and explain to him what's wrong and if he goes mad then I'd take it to pastoral at your school or college, which I know would be hard but would be a step in the right direction if all else is failing.
It's so frustrating to have to bottle up everything and I find myself in the same position sometimes.
If you ever want to rant or talk to someone then you can pm me anytime, I mean it
annabel_39
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by georgeparasol12)
Hey, I feel the same. My parents constantly argue and threaten to leave each other but never do, then it bleeds over into everyday life with them being nasty around the house to me and my little brother and sister.
I think you should try to sit down with your dad and explain to him what's wrong and if he goes mad then I'd take it to pastoral at your school or college, which I know would be hard but would be a step in the right direction if all else is failing.
It's so frustrating to have to bottle up everything and I find myself in the same position sometimes.
If you ever want to rant or talk to someone then you can pm me anytime, I mean it
hiya, firstly sorry for taking so long to reply! stuffs got bad with my dad and he took my phone for a little while so i couldn’t reply as quickly as i wanted to :/
it’s reassuring in a way to know that you also have a similar problem at home, even though it’s not a good thing! i have the exact same issue with my parents saying they’ll split up and never do- but i was vaguely told by my dad that if they were to split up then we’d be in a bad financial position. so i think that could potentially be the reason they’re still together despite the utter war zone they create between themselves everyday!
i think i’ll take you up on the pm, it would be fab to be able to talk to someone about it it’s currently 3am so i’ll probably message you tomorrow

thank you for being so kind and taking the time to read and reply!
username5323908
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hiya, firstly sorry for taking so long to reply! stuffs got bad with my dad and he took my phone for a little while so i couldn’t reply as quickly as i wanted to :/
it’s reassuring in a way to know that you also have a similar problem at home, even though it’s not a good thing! i have the exact same issue with my parents saying they’ll split up and never do- but i was vaguely told by my dad that if they were to split up then we’d be in a bad financial position. so i think that could potentially be the reason they’re still together despite the utter war zone they create between themselves everyday!
i think i’ll take you up on the pm, it would be fab to be able to talk to someone about it it’s currently 3am so i’ll probably message you tomorrow

thank you for being so kind and taking the time to read and reply!
It's exactly the same situation with my parents, my mums still training and on benefits and while my dad works. If he left then everything would change for the worse which makes it so hard. It is kinda reassuring yeah, to know you're not the only one. Pm me anytime you need to, I think it'd be good for the both of us
d.harley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i’m a 16 yr old girl if this makes any difference to my problem:

long post, only read if you want to!

so, my families relationship has been really bad ever since i was born really. i know that may sound odd but i’m the oldest of me and my two younger brothers (aged 7 & 12) and we’ve never heard our parents say “i love you” to us even once, not even when we were little. i know saying the words don’t mean much and that “your parents still love you” but i genuinely don’t think they do, hand on my heart. it makes me so upset because seeing my friends mums and dads, they’re just so lovely and although it may not be the same behind closed doors, my parents are still just as bad even when friends are round etc. of the two, my dad is by far the worst. he is quite simply an ********, my parents aren’t married but have been together for 27 years. my mum cannot stand him, never shows any affection towards him (or us either) and frequently says he’s an arse and threatens to break up with him. i know this is all normal for parents to fight but it’s the way she always says she’s gonna leave him but never does, and i want her to. i cant explain how badly i want to permanent live with my mum and brothers and never have to see my dad again. he does have his good days when i can sit and watch tv with him in the evening and he’s perfectly fine, but the majority of the time he’s nasty, very nasty. he’s always agressive, never physically though and i mean that. he much rather prefers to shout and growl at us, like we’re dogs and he has a massive vendetta against my 12 year old brother. always calls him names which make him really upset, picks on him for tiny things etc . as for me, he’s got a constantly bad attitude around me, thinks i’m answering back (when i’m really not, promise!) and it’s almost like he gets really easily irritated by everything i do. this isn’t a recent thing before you ask, he’s always been nasty but i’d say the last 3 years he’s got worse. my mum has said causally that he’s got depression and i denied it in my head but now thinking about it she’s probably right. i don’t know if he’s been diagnosed with it, he’d never tell me anyway. i won’t go on to list every problem with him, but an example of the type of things he’ll say to me:

*ill walk into the kitchen to get a drink*
“**** OFF ANNABEL GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN IM BUSY MAKING DINNER”

*me asking when dinner is, politely*
“ITS READY WHEN ITS READY. you don’t do anything in the house so don’t you *growls* DARE ask me when dinner is ready. LEARN TO ****ING COOK YOURSELF*

^^^ he always ALWAYS says about me “never doing anything to help around the house” but it’s complete lies.

today alone, i did all of this (expect number 1) without being asked to because i’m scared of my dad shouting at me:

1)he woke me up early and shouted at me to go to the shop to get bread for his lunch, so i did. it’s a 15 minute walk away but i did it anyway, he still shouted at me for random stuff though and never said please or thankyou
2)tidied the kitchen thoroughly including the floor and the stove
3)did dishwasher (loading & unloading) 3 times in total
4)helped with the tesco delivery that came this evening and put everything away in the cupboards
5)my dad cooked dinner but i served it up for me and my brothers

and i do most of this kinda stuff everyday, he never gets my brother to do anything (although he’s nearly 13 and perfectly capable to do some of it) which i think is unfair. before he’s said “girls are meant to clean” but now when i remind him he said that, he denies ever saying it.
going back to relationships, my dad had a massive fight with my grandma (his mum) 6 years ago, it was caused by him and he was the bad guy in that arguement. he has refused to talk to her or see her since, and she’s so heartbroken about it, he’s her son after all. he genuienly doesn’t care though.

about an hour ago (10pm ish) i was down in the living room with both my parents watching tv but i didn’t stay there for more than 5 minutes because my dad randomly starts going off about how he’s gonna make sure i move out when i’m 18 and that i need to pay for my own phone etc. in these situations i either say nothing or reply with something that’s not backchat, because that makes him SO angry. funny thing, is that i would offer to pay for my phone if i could, but i am skint. i have £0.44 in my account at the moment because my parents don’t give me any money. i have to buy everything myself, which isn’t like my friends. he also shouts at me to get myself a job, but in march i was offered an interview for a job at tesco and he didn’t let me go because he thought i’d bring the covid-19 virus to him from working there. 3 months later, and he’s still shouting at me to get a job although he is the reason i never even got to accept the interview. it was a really good wage and if i got the job i would’ve been over the moon.

i think i’m gonna stop talking now because i’ve been waffling on for ages, but i think what this post is about is me asking what on earth i can do? i’m not asking for any professional advice answers, or anything really. i guess i just wanna be listened to because most of my friends say they don’t know what they could say to help me. i want to move out as soon as i can but i don’t have the money, is there anything i could change regarding my dad? for example should i spend less time with him in the evenings so he doesn’t have the opportunity to be horrible? even though that would make him angry because i “never leave my room”? i need help !
I am so sorry you have been through this... is there any other family members or family friends that you can go to for help on how to deal with this?
annabel_39
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by d.harley)
I am so sorry you have been through this... is there any other family members or family friends that you can go to for help on how to deal with this?
hiya, it’s really tricky because i don’t really have anyone i could go to. i do talk to my mum about how i cant deal with my dad but all she does is agree with me. she never actually does anything about it! i’ve always told myself to wait until it gets ‘really bad’ but i think it already has, i just dont know where to get the help.
he’s actually been a lot better these past few days, but that’s kind of normal because he randomly changes everyday, one day he’s horrible the next he’s fine? really odd behaviour
d.harley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hiya, it’s really tricky because i don’t really have anyone i could go to. i do talk to my mum about how i cant deal with my dad but all she does is agree with me. she never actually does anything about it! i’ve always told myself to wait until it gets ‘really bad’ but i think it already has, i just dont know where to get the help.
he’s actually been a lot better these past few days, but that’s kind of normal because he randomly changes everyday, one day he’s horrible the next he’s fine? really odd behaviour
You seem like a very strong person to get through this... I hope the situation with your dad continues to improve and when you get back to sixth form or college or wherever you are, you could talk to a teacher you trust if things get worse. All the best!
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m so sorry.
You could google some support services in your area. There will be anonymous support to help you until you’re ready to talk to someone at school.
He’s a bully and should be stopped. If he’s bullying you now then who will he move on to when you’re not there?
I imagine it’s hard for mum. You don’t know how he is with her behind closed doors.
Be brave and get some help
Take care
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (189)
38.57%
Take autumn exams (150)
30.61%
Look for a job (17)
3.47%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.29%
Take a year out (85)
17.35%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.71%

Watched Threads