GCSE Results Day 2020 Countdown Thread - 3 Weeks to Go!

Watch
Poll: How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Hopeful (24)
15.69%
Excited (9)
5.88%
Worried (33)
21.57%
Terrified (23)
15.03%
Meh (16)
10.46%
Confused (4)
2.61%
Putting on a Brave Face (13)
8.5%
Impatient (31)
20.26%
mila679
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
oh wow. where did you see that
It’s on TikTok, some people got an email about it
(Original post by GCSE_Rockstar32)
Are my school the only one that are actually making us open our results in school ? 🤔
Have they told you that you have to come in?!
Advertisement
RyanC_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
oh wow. where did you see that
My school Tweeted about it, it's at 10am on Youtube and I think Facebook
GCSE_Rockstar32
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mila679)
It’s on TikTok, some people got an email about it
Have they told you that you have to come in?!
Yes, they sent a letter about it.
Advertisement
Bookworm_88
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ᴅ ᴀ ɴ ɪ ᴇ ʟ)
Tbh, I just feel meh about GCSEs Results Day because I know that I won't be getting the grades I want. The grades that I will receive in August won't even reflect my actual ability, but oh well. If we've actually done the exams, then I would be feeling terrified and excited at the same time. But in this case, I just don't care about it. Why would I care about the results that I didn't work for? They're just results of what my teachers would think I would get, not results that I will get.
prsom!
Bookworm_88
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Boris Johnson is doing a speech tomorrow for year 11 leavers 😂
are you actually serious?:curious:
Advertisement
aujhbk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by philogrobized)
well done mate. hard being the younger sibling 😂. I'm sure you'll do well.
thanks for the wishes.
I'm sure you'll do great as well!
Last edited by aujhbk; 3 weeks ago
_Simba_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I hope I get the right grades ://
Advertisement
philogrobized
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by aujhbk)
thanks for the wishes.
I'm sure you'll do great as well!
I can't say for you lol. But I'm hoping to get 9s in Further maths, physics, chemistry, biology. 8s in history and maybe English literature. Then I really couldn't say for English language but for French perhaps a 5 or a 6 lol. I took maths RE and computer science last year so those are missing from my predictions.
RandomHumanBeing
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Lol Boris no one asked for you to be speaking to us rn but fine 😂
Advertisement
mila679
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RandomHumanBeing)
Lol Boris no one asked for you to be speaking to us rn but fine 😂
Legit he’s just gonna tell us we’re gonna get the grades we deserve and well done for working hard in these difficult times 🙄
RyanC_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Legit he’s just gonna tell us we’re gonna get the grades we deserve and well done for working hard in these difficult times 🙄
I think someone must've told him that Y11+13 feel neglected or something 😂
Advertisement
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
https://youtu.be/R-WsDuO6Gmw
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)

GCSE Results Countdown 2020 - 6 Weeks to go!

Results day is looming and TSR tradition means we have to have a countdown thread for everyone to get to know each other, talk about their hopes/fears and generally relax (as well as sharing advice and information before the big day)! Introduce yourself; feel free to post the subjects you have done, the grades you would like, and any results day plans for the 20th Image

Vote in the poll above how you are feeling about the day! Goodluck everyone :grouphugs: Image Image Image
CAVY WHY DID YOU OUT A TIMER? Now I won’t be able to not check it without it being at least ten times a day :lol:
I am so nervous for English language. In our mocks we’d only ever sat and been taught one paper, and that was writing a story. I couldn’t do it for toffee but I love persuasive writing but we never even got taught or ever done any marked work for it, I’m super worried I will get a 5. It’s not a bad grade but my mum said if you can get an 8 in everything else you will get one in English Language. It’s such a mess
Advertisement
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Moonbow)
CAVY WHY DID YOU OUT A TIMER? Now I won’t be able to not check it without it being at least ten times a day :lol:
I am so nervous for English language. In our mocks we’d only ever sat and been taught one paper, and that was writing a story. I couldn’t do it for toffee but I love persuasive writing but we never even got taught or ever done any marked work for it, I’m super worried I will get a 5. It’s not a bad grade but my mum said if you can get an 8 in everything else you will get one in English Language. It’s such a mess
Aw sorry that you feel really pressured to get an 8 in English :hugs: Hopefully your mum will be proud of what you get regardless of the grade
Moonbow
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RyanC_)
I think someone must've told him that Y11+13 feel neglected or something 😂
I acc do lmao 😆 No work from school for 3 months and now they’re ramming A Level prep down our throats
Wait until he says “I thought it’d be nice, you know, to sit exams after all. They shall also be sat in a freezer, as I found one quite comfortable once while avoiding the press. If you get water on the paper when you return, you get a fail now let’s get going lads!!”. :laugh:
Moonbow
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by laurawatt)
Aw sorry that you feel really pressured to get an 8 in English :hugs: Hopefully your mum will be proud of what you get regardless of the grade
Aw thank you! :jumphug:
She said she’d maybe let me off with a six :K:
Fingers crossed they did move all the grades up from one from mocks, but I don’t know how we are getting grades at all seeing as the only marked work we ever do for Lang was one mock paper. We never even had homework just this guy who ranted at us. Bless him, he tried but he’s left now and this new teacher we’ve had for a week has to pick it all up
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Moonbow)
Aw thank you! :jumphug:
She said she’d maybe let me off with a six :K:
Fingers crossed they did move all the grades up from one from mocks, but I don’t know how we are getting grades at all seeing as the only marked work we ever do for Lang was one mock paper. We never even had homework just this guy who ranted at us. Bless him, he tried but he’s left now and this new teacher we’ve had for a week has to pick it all up
Maybe teaching just isn’t for them :lol: you’ve got this :rave: we’ll all be proud of you, whatever your results are! :jumphug:
Advertisement
RandomHumanBeing
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Okay, Boris' message was actually somewhat supportive and kind towards us!
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
just watched it. was allright
epicnm
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I just watched it and it seemed more like a Tory propaganda speech rather than anything of actual use, clarifying grading, results day, private candidates, 33% grades being cut from teacher predictions, Uni offers(for a level students. Not to mention him talking about “our greatest crisis since the world war” - with him not acknowledging it until it was too late. It was the equivalent of “give yourself a gold star for not doing your exams” and “our generation will rebuild the damage he has made”

The link to the speech for school leavers is on 10 Downing Streets YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.

https://twitter.com/borisjohnson/sta...033319425?s=21
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (22)
19.3%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (30)
26.32%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (62)
54.39%

Watched Threads