GCSE Results Day 2020 Countdown Thread - 3 Weeks to Go!

Watch
Poll: How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Hopeful (24)
15.69%
Excited (9)
5.88%
Worried (33)
21.57%
Terrified (23)
15.03%
Meh (16)
10.46%
Confused (4)
2.61%
Putting on a Brave Face (13)
8.5%
Impatient (31)
20.26%
RyanC_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Moonbow)
I acc do lmao 😆 No work from school for 3 months and now they’re ramming A Level prep down our throats
Wait until he says “I thought it’d be nice, you know, to sit exams after all. They shall also be sat in a freezer, as I found one quite comfortable once while avoiding the press. If you get water on the paper when you return, you get a fail now let’s get going lads!!”. :laugh:
IKR!! I've had so much A level prep work to doooo

That would be evil :lol: glad he didn't throw us a bombshell like that!
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RyanC_)
IKR!! I've had so much A level prep work to doooo

That would be evil :lol: glad he didn't throw us a bombshell like that!
Ikr 😂
AlixshaxAli
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TakeALittleWalk)
Mailed most likely
nah my teacher told me that the GCSE results would be picked up from school and that it would be safe because only year 11 and a few members of staff would be attending...
Bookworm_88
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Boris's (?):confused: Speech was quite reminiscent of previous speeches with the connotations to perserverance etc. Also could it have been pre-recorded before hand or was it live?
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bookworm_88)
Boris's (?):confused: Speech was quite reminiscent of previous speeches with the connotations to perserverance etc. Also could it have been pre-recorded before hand or was it live?
pre recorded as it was a premiere not a live video
Moonbow
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
pre recorded as it was a premiere not a live video
When he said “ there may be people who criticise you just for the sake of criticism.” (something along these lines) all I could think of was “Boris, do you need to talk about your feelings? Are you feeling sad?”. :lol:
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Moonbow)
When he said “ there may be people who criticise you just for the sake of criticism.” (something along these lines) all I could think of was “Boris, do you need to talk about your feelings? Are you feeling sad?”. :lol:
Moonbow
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
PRSOM 😂
lntrns
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ever since the IB results came out and the majority of grades were dropped I'm super worried about my GCSEs. I was on track to get mostly 8's and 9's but my school is super underperforming (low income area + underfunded secondary schools + underfunded primary feeder schools who don't/can't adquately prepare students for secondary), the school got 2 9s last year in art but me and two of my friends were on track to get probably about 6-10 9's between us and now I'm scared my grades are gonna be severely dropped to 6's/7's (not that theyre bad grades they just don't accurately reflect the work i've done and grades i've received in mocks ((my school is very hard on mocks they grade them very thoroughly)) and low gcse grades can affect univeristy admissions in the future). It's just scary
Bookworm_88
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It seems everything is being re-shuffled
Last edited by Bookworm_88; 3 weeks ago
Bookworm_88
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lntrns)
Ever since the IB results came out and the majority of grades were dropped I'm super worried about my GCSEs. I was on track to get mostly 8's and 9's but my school is super underperforming (low income area + underfunded secondary schools + underfunded primary feeder schools who don't/can't adquately prepare students for secondary), the school got 2 9s last year in art but me and two of my friends were on track to get probably about 6-10 9's between us and now I'm scared my grades are gonna be severely dropped to 6's/7's (not that theyre bad grades they just don't accurately reflect the work i've done and grades i've received in mocks ((my school is very hard on mocks they grade them very thoroughly)) and low gcse grades can affect univeristy admissions in the future). It's just scary
tbh there's no point in worrying, whatever grade you get, you can't affect it in any way (i hope that makes you feel better in a way?) I mean, if you don't get the grades you can either: appeal or re-sit (I believe they're going to be in November according to Ofqual, so that is 2 months and a bit to revise? Another way to look at it is that: Why should you worry when they are not a true reflection of YOU.
Bookworm_88
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sorry, probabely not the best word choice. But how they have fliiped tge normal system on its head now we are getting ranked and predicted grades etc.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
5 weeks to go :eek:
firdouss
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
n

(Original post by CoolCavy)
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Kool Kats
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hoping for 997776444
realistically expecting 98655433U

gonna be a total mixed bag this year
PizzaMan2989
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Lmao what’s the U in😭😭
Bookworm_88
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
:backstab:
ᴅ ᴀ ɴ ɪ ᴇ ʟ
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kool Kats)
hoping for 997776444
realistically expecting 98655433U

gonna be a total mixed bag this year
Realistically, I might get 776654433. Yours seems better than mine lool
Even though, I wanted to get at least 987766555.
lizzie.zipmouth
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TakeALittleWalk)
No matter the outcome, know that we can’t do anything to change it. This year’s results are going to be unfair and extremely inaccurate, so in that knowledge don’t stress and note that they will definitely not impact your future; unis aren’t stupid. Just relax, be grateful and wait till A levels come up.
couldn't have said it any better
i just hope they sympathise and don't heavily rely on our gcses. i know people that have cheated all year and will get grade 9s so...
Kool Kats
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ᴅ ᴀ ɴ ɪ ᴇ ʟ)
Realistically, I might get 776654433. Yours seems better than mine lool
Even though, I wanted to get at least 987766555.
Ah yours sound good! Which subject are you hoping for a 9 in? I’m hoping for 9s in German and art, in German I’m already fluent and have been hitting 9s consistently but I always freeze up in the speaking and got a 7 and in art I’ve been getting 8+s and once a 9- but I didn’t get a chance to finish my coursework
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (20)
18.87%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (26)
24.53%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (60)
56.6%

Watched Threads