The Student Room Group

GCSE Results Day 2020 Countdown Thread - IT'S HERE!!

Scroll to see replies

Holy cow, i am actually so nervous now..the count down zjwlaksiwksbx
3 weeks tomorrow :s-smilie:
21 days to go!!!
Original post by ᴅ ᴀ ɴ ɪ ᴇ ʟ
I was hoping for a 9 in maths, but I doubt I would get that in my gcses results. Like I got an 8 twice, but I've mainly been getting 7s in Maths.

Have hope, you may get that 9! The teachers have to predict what they think you would have got and do have to account in the fact that you would have improved more before if you had taken them.
Original post by K_A_I_2004
@Kool Kats How are you getting things like 8+ and 9- my school only gave dead on 8's and 9's

Might just be my school, it’s just what we got on our reports and mocks/assessments in school, we won’t be getting them for the real thing I think
are ppl gonna get results online or in person? idk what to chose
Original post by vix.xvi

my school hasn't contacted me but if I get a choice I would go in
LMFAO i wish i could do that, ours are coming by email
Original post by vix.xvi

I think I'm going to collect it in person so that I can see my friends because we're going to different sixth forms
cheeky nandos
Honestly that is the plan for me too. The time they know my grades will be the same time i apply for sixth form
Does anybody else feel like they'll just look at their results and 😐? I feel like I won't value them as much cause I didn't have to go through the exams for them.
19 days left
Original post by RandomHumanBeing
Does anybody else feel like they'll just look at their results and 😐? I feel like I won't value them as much cause I didn't have to go through the exams for them.

yeah smae its not my grade its my teachers sometimes teacehrs can hate us ans just give us a low grode cuz they hate us and dont think we can ge e grade they and we want
Hi, I'm home schooled so only taking one this year (as I'm actually in yr 7 not yr 11!). I've been consistently working at grade A/A* (its in letter grades still idk why) so I'm hoping to get an A. I mean, an A* would be fantastic but I'm too busy stressing over maybe getting a B to think about that!

Also it's Cambridge so I get my results earlier than most of you (the 11th of august).

Thanks!
Original post by firdouss
19 days left

Anxiety went 📈📈
I’ve seen loads of people talking about how teachers will be bias against them and stuff; our school gave us a little outline of the process they used to give our grades including teachers/departments and they had each grade checked four times by 4 different people. Did anyone else’s school tell them about theirs??
Original post by PizzaMan2989
I’ve seen loads of people talking about how teachers will be bias against them and stuff; our school gave us a little outline of the process they used to give our grades including teachers/departments and they had each grade checked four times by 4 different people. Did anyone else’s school tell them about theirs??

nope
Original post by firdouss
nope

Nothing At all- I feel bad for u. I’m sure they have something similar in place tho
Reply 119
Original post by PizzaMan2989

I’m an A level student just passing through this thread and from what I’ve read from Offqual, schools are not supposed to disclose anything about the grades that they’ve submitted or the process they’ve used to determine these grades. My sixth form has been incredibly tight lipped about anything related to our grades. Hell, I’d kill to know the process our teachers went through to give us our predictions. I’d love to just ask my teachers what they submitted for me but all I can do is make predictions based off my mocks/assessments and work over the years. They’re not supposed to tell you anything about grading incase you get your results and the grades are different to the ones your teachers predicted for you.

Quick Reply

Latest