econhelp525
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi everyone,

I'll hopefully be pursuing Economics at Bath this September, and my degree's 4 years long, with the third year being a year in industry/study abroad. I've read online that usually that Spring Weeks are for 1st year students of a 3 year long degree, or 2nd year students of a 4 year long degree, but as my 4 year long degree includes one year abroad which doesn't really count, should I apply for the 2021 Spring Weeks? Would this help me in securing internships for my third year?

Appreciate any help!

Thanks!
Otherdjrj
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Tbh I got no clue but ima type so hopefully u can get it answered by someone else lol
JamesHardenRocks
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by econhelp525)
Hi everyone,

I'll hopefully be pursuing Economics at Bath this September, and my degree's 4 years long, with the third year being a year in industry/study abroad. I've read online that usually that Spring Weeks are for 1st year students of a 3 year long degree, or 2nd year students of a 4 year long degree, but as my 4 year long degree includes one year abroad which doesn't really count, should I apply for the 2021 Spring Weeks? Would this help me in securing internships for my third year?

Appreciate any help!

Thanks
Spring weeks are for those in 1/3 or 2/4 year courses because they typically lead to Summer internships, if you applied this year and fingers cross got a summer internship and completed that you wouldnt graduate for another 2 years meaning they couldnt offer you a place on the grad program. So it really all comes down to timing.

I'd recommend using this year to get a good grade at uni, attend loads of insight days to learn about which divisions or roles you think you'll like and get experience with societies or other extra curriculars at uni to smash spring applications which open around this time next year (Summer of 2021)
econhelp525
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by JamesHardenRocks)
Spring weeks are for those in 1/3 or 2/4 year courses because they typically lead to Summer internships, if you applied this year and fingers cross got a summer internship and completed that you wouldnt graduate for another 2 years meaning they couldnt offer you a place on the grad program. So it really all comes down to timing.

I'd recommend using this year to get a good grade at uni, attend loads of insight days to learn about which divisions or roles you think you'll like and get experience with societies or other extra curriculars at uni to smash spring applications which open around this time next year (Summer of 2021)
Hi, thanks so much for your insight. My 3rd year includes 6 months study abroad and 6 months industrial placement. Wouldn't a 1st year Spring Week be beneficial in that case?

Thanks
JamesHardenRocks
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by econhelp525)
Hi, thanks so much for your insight. My 3rd year includes 6 months study abroad and 6 months industrial placement. Wouldn't a 1st year Spring Week be beneficial in that case?

Thanks
I agree that a Spring would be beneficial but your chances of getting one in the first year of a 4 year course are low. You could still do the Spring in Year 2 (Still available to you because you're on a 4 year course) and apply to industrial placements for year 3 towards the end of year 2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (47)
17.28%
No one else does (86)
31.62%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.29%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (92)
33.82%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.21%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.57%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.21%

Watched Threads