jjml1710
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi , I have an urgent question.

I form part of the May 2020 IB cohort, as many of you’ll know , the results for this cohort are very ambiguous and the current circumstances have definitely played a toll in our results .

I currently hold a conditional offer from UCL for History ( 38 IB and 6 in History with nothing less than 5), however, I obtained 35 ( with 655 in HL and 5 in History), basically a near miss of three points (38-35) from the offer . My counselor told me that a slight variation in results will not force them to automatically cancel the offer and in conjunction the application, is this true ?
Bckbnkvbjgg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jjml1710)

I form part of the May 2020 IB cohort, as many of you’ll know , the results for this cohort are very ambiguous and the current circumstances have definitely played a toll in our results .

I currently hold a conditional offer from UCL for History ( 38 IB and 6 in History with nothing less than 5), however, I obtained 35 ( with 655 in HL and 5 in History), basically a near miss of three points (38-35) from the offer . My counselor told me that a slight variation in results will not force them to automatically cancel the offer and in conjunction the application, is this true ?
Say you referred to these in the A level system, what would it be, like one grade off?
jjml1710
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
It would be A*A*A , where UCL would be asking for grade levels AAA
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Unis do sometimes let people in who have slightly missed their offers, but it will always strengthen your chances if you contact the uni and it's best to do this ASAP. Have you had a decision on track yet?

If your UCAS track has not yet updated with the decision, then do ask the uni when you can expect a decision (often this will be A-level results day which is 13th August). Tell the uni how much you love their course and want to study with them too- unis aren't immune to a bit of flattery, as well as letting them know of anything you've done recently that might strengthen your application.

Do you have an insurance choice as well?
Banshee123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It would be A*A*A , where UCL would be asking for grade levels AAA
I thought 36 points was equivalent to AAA?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (165)
38.19%
Take autumn exams (132)
30.56%
Look for a job (16)
3.7%
Consider an apprenticeship (19)
4.4%
Take a year out (73)
16.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed