The Student Room Group

HELP: Will private candidates have to go to uni in 2021

Hi! this is for my friend. He is retaking his A levels and was supposed to sit them this summer, however the exams have now been moved to October. Will he have to join in 2021 instead of this year?
Original post by npic9
Hi! this is for my friend. He is retaking his A levels and was supposed to sit them this summer, however the exams have now been moved to October. Will he have to join in 2021 instead of this year?

That’s up to him.

He might be accepted with his original grades or able to find a suitable place in clearing with those grades.

His centre might have had enough interaction with him to provide grade information to the exam boards (that’s something he should have been talking to his centre about back in march/april).

If he isn’t able or willing to accept any places with his existing grades (or August grades if he gets them) then yes - sept 2021 start is most likely.
The results of the October exam sittings aren’t likely to be available until December at the very earliest. Unless his university has a January/February start date available (unusual) then he would have to wait until September to start.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
That’s up to him.

He might be accepted with his original grades or able to find a suitable place in clearing with those grades.

His centre might have had enough interaction with him to provide grade information to the exam boards (that’s something he should have been talking to his centre about back in march/april).

If he isn’t able or willing to accept any places with his existing grades (or August grades if he gets them) then yes - sept 2021 start is most likely.
The results of the October exam sittings aren’t likely to be available until December at the very earliest. Unless his university has a January/February start date available (unusual) then he would have to wait until September to start.

His centre had refused last minute to give the people grades so he is unsure of what to do. But I think contacting the university is the next step thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending