The Student Room Group

Does the pill make your boobs grow?

I have recently started Dianette tablets due to my acne and I heard from people that their tits grew while on them but others were telling me it’s a myth and that doesn’t happen so I was just wondering if anyone has taken them or knows someone who’s taken them and if their boobs grew while on them. Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
some pills does... it has the same effect on your boobs as if you were pregnant.
Original post by Laura7777
I have recently started Dianette tablets due to my acne and I heard from people that their tits grew while on them but others were telling me it’s a myth and that doesn’t happen so I was just wondering if anyone has taken them or knows someone who’s taken them and if their boobs grew while on them. Thank you

I was on it for a bit and I was tired all the time I didn’t feel well, for a long time it can also increase the chances off you getting blood clots and certain cancers and it isn’t always effective some people’s might do but I don’t think you should get it for that. Especially if you are in the middle off exams or an important time off education as it might affect you really badly.
Reply 3
Original post by Kathy89
some pills does... it has the same effect on your boobs as if you were pregnant.

Thank you so much that’s really helpful! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Tash8790
I was on it for a bit and I was tired all the time I didn’t feel well, for a long time it can also increase the chances off you getting blood clots and certain cancers and it isn’t always effective some people’s might do but I don’t think you should get it for that. Especially if you are in the middle off exams or an important time off education as it might affect you really badly.

I started them only a few days ago as the doctor gave me them for my acne after trying a few other tablets and creams in the past but they didn’t work so I’m really hoping these tablets work. I am worried about the side effects others experience while on them such as blood clots, weight gain and mild depression but I’m going to start them for a few months and see how things go. I am sometimes conscious about my breast size which I recently found out could change due to these tablets but the main thing I want is for my skin to get better. Thank you so much, you were very helpful! :smile:
I started them only a few days ago as the doctor gave me them for my acne after trying a few other tablets and creams in the past but they didn’t work so I’m really hoping these tablets work. I am worried about the side effects others experience while on them such as blood clots, weight gain and mild depression but I’m going to start them for a few months and see how things go. I am sometimes conscious about my breast size which I recently found out could change due to these tablets but the main thing I want is for my skin to get better. Thank you so much, you were very helpful! :smile:

I wouldn’t worry about your breast size, however for acne I find yogurt masks can really
Help just any yogurt put on it for half hour or I have seen this lush product which is known to help I’ll see if I can get the name for you!
I think it’s the the mask of magnamity or the grease lightening one on the lush website maybe give that a try
I used to take Microgynon30 and had no side effects with them at all. The chemist changed the brand (I can’t remember what it’s called) and I went from a 32DD to a 34F. I am still on it and they are still growing. I am also on the pill for my acne and really heavy, painful periods. It has helped a little bit with my acne.
Reply 8
I was on the pill to lessen acne and period pains and it altered my hormones so much and led me to becoming severely depressed for no clear reason.

Haven’t gone back on them since
Reply 9
Original post by Tash8790
I think it’s the the mask of magnamity or the grease lightening one on the lush website maybe give that a try

That is amazing I will definitely try them thank you very much!
Reply 10
Original post by Nevi
I was on the pill to lessen acne and period pains and it altered my hormones so much and led me to becoming severely depressed for no clear reason.

That’s the main side effect I’m worried about as it has made a lot of my friends depressed too. I’m going to stay on them for a few months and if I do start getting many mood swings or depressed I will definitely stop the pill. Thank you so much for your help!
Reply 11
Original post by queenieana21
I used to take Microgynon30 and had no side effects with them at all. The chemist changed the brand (I can’t remember what it’s called) and I went from a 32DD to a 34F. I am still on it and they are still growing. I am also on the pill for my acne and really heavy, painful periods. It has helped a little bit with my acne.

Thank you so much that is so helpful! I hope the pill is still working for you and helps with the period pains. Some of my friends have went on the pill due to really heavy and painful periods and they helped a lot!
Reply 12
That’s the main side effect I’m worried about as it has made a lot of my friends depressed too. I’m going to stay on them for a few months and if I do start getting many mood swings or depressed I will definitely stop the pill. Thank you so much for your help!

Just be careful. I didn’t notice it happening until I was too far in and needed therapy. I was in denial until my mum forced me off it.
This is news to me.
Original post by Nevi

Hope you are okay now Hun. Xx

I've used dianette for acne - personally didn't do anything for my skin but yeah my breasts grew - not a lot, I was in between two sizes so just went to the bigger one if ygm
Reply 16
Original post by Karisa96
Hope you are okay now Hun. Xx

Never felt better :smile: xx
Glad it all happened, I learned what was and wasn’t important in life. Has definitely made me a better person
Reply 17
Original post by Euphoria101
I've used dianette for acne - personally didn't do anything for my skin but yeah my breasts grew - not a lot, I was in between two sizes so just went to the bigger one if ygm

Did you go up a size due to the side effect of weight gain?? Sorry if that’s too personal x
Did you go up a size due to the side effect of weight gain?? Sorry if that’s too personal x

No, I think they actually just went up a size! Not too personal:smile:x
Reply 19
Original post by Nevi
Never felt better :smile: xx
Glad it all happened, I learned what was and wasn’t important in life. Has definitely made me a better person

That’s so amazing that you feel great again. Remember to always talk to someone if something is bothering you xx

Quick Reply

Latest