The Student Room Group

preparing for IGCSE

Later (I won't tell how much is later), I will be taking IGCSE in yr 10. I took AD maths and Economics. I am unfamiliar with Economics and only chose it because it was easier and the rate of people dropping out in Economics is low in my school. What should i do to prepare for Economics.
P.S. I bought the book, but like how should I review or study it for a quick start in school during the holidays?
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi!

I am also doing IGCSE’s and I have also taken Economics😂 it’s VERY challenging for me but I’ve managed to improve a lot. If I were you I would make notes from the text book on an software such as notability and then make questions on your notes. Read the topic and write what you remember, anything you don’t remember or are struggling in, write in red. Set yourself questions at the end and make these questions into flash cards using quizlet or anki etc, then just go over the questions and weak area again and again!!

Towards your exam you should also do AS MANY past papers as you can so you can get used to the exam style questions.

Hope this helps😁
Original post by zain SHarif
Hi!

I am also doing IGCSE’s and I have also taken Economics😂 it’s VERY challenging for me but I’ve managed to improve a lot. If I were you I would make notes from the text book on an software such as notability and then make questions on your notes. Read the topic and write what you remember, anything you don’t remember or are struggling in, write in red. Set yourself questions at the end and make these questions into flash cards using quizlet or anki etc, then just go over the questions and weak area again and again!!

Towards your exam you should also do AS MANY past papers as you can so you can get used to the exam style questions.

Hope this helps😁

Thx, I will keep this in mind and try to follow your advice. I wish you luck for your Economic subject.
Original post by Stella Amber
Thx, I will keep this in mind and try to follow your advice. I wish you luck for your Economic subject.

You too 😀

Quick Reply

Latest