The Student Room Group

I like too many things - idk what a levels to do ???

I'm currently in year 10 (I know, I'm a baby) and I think I'm going to have to choose my a levels soon, or start applying (the school haven't told us anything so far) and I have no idea whatsoever about what a level options to take. The sixth form I would go to offers 4 a levels, and because I have no idea, I don't want to waste my time on subjects that universities don't really care about, but I want to have a rough idea of what I'm doing. I had my eye on medicine, (in which case I would do chem, bio, physics or maths, and then something else fun or nothing) but I also love humanities and politics and I love to write. There are sooo many things I am interested in, and they change every 5 minutes, that I have no idea if what I even like now is just a phase and I'll want something else entirely different tomorrow. All of my target grades are 9s (kill me now) and everyone tells me I can do whatever I want which really is not helpful: any suggestions/guidance???
If you are interested in studying Medicine, then do A level Chemistry, Biology & Maths. You can choose any fourth subject.
you should pick a diverse range of subjects, if you keep changing your mind. so that different options at uni will be open for you
Ok, so I would advise that you talk to your teachers as well to see what they think as well. I would say maths, bio, chem and a humanity/politics. That way it gives you a bit of variety in subjects and it also always allows you to change your mind a bit. You can do anything for that final subject so pick what you think you would really enjoy.

Quick Reply

Latest