The Student Room Group

how to get all 9's in my gcses

im doing 11 gcses so its quite a lot
Reply 1
Original post by 1kat
im doing 11 gcses so its quite a lot

I'd start by writing notes for all your subjects- then flashcards for the subjects with a lot of content- Biology, history etc. Very Colourful with lots of nice diagrams- f you like the look of them you're more likly to return to them and read them.
then start to so past papers with your notes before closer to the exam start to do past papers without notes. For a lot of subjects and especially at GCSE- some subjects will have specific questions that come up year by year. It's then much easier to learn the exact structure for how to answer the question.
Past papers are much more important than anything else you can do. Personally doing 60% past papers and questions and 40% memorising.
For languages- speakings- you can just memorise - also lots of really good you tube videos especially for grammar
For English were I had to learn quotes- I made a bank of about 40 quotes- each one related to multiple thematic or character questions. I'd have a flashcard with a quote on the front, every question it could relate to and then context and analysis on the back. For questions were you don't have to learn quotes practise it better then anything.

Quick Reply

Latest