When will schools really return with a second wave very likely?

Watch
Poll: When will schools fully re-open to all pupils?
September 2020 (6)
75%
Autumn half term 2020 (1)
12.5%
New Year 2021 (1)
12.5%
Spring 2021 (0)
0%
Ambitious1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Since Boris has put re-opening pubs and tourism as a top priority above schools and a resultant second wave very likely when do you think schools will re-open to all pupils?
Last edited by Ambitious1999; 4 weeks ago
actinglover
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
Since Boris has put re-opening pubs and tourism as a top priority above schools and a resultant second wave very likely when do you think schools will re-open to all pupils?
It had been reviewed on some channels like ITV and they mentioned that schools will get back to normal on September and that there wont be many regulations put in place. I'm not really sure what will happen to be honest.

But, time will tell
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is this really a question? Boris has said schools will go back in September so in September they will go back.

As for the second wave - I'm gonna bet October / November as the nights draw in.
Ambitious1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Is this really a question? Boris has said schools will go back in September so in September they will go back.

As for the second wave - I'm gonna bet October / November as the nights draw in.
I doubt it. A lot of what Boris says or does makes little sense. It would be great if they went back in September. Even better if schools had gone back before pubs and tourism opened but education and getting kids back to school is of little priority to this government. Schools are a public service and cost money to run. Pubs etc generate taxes. I can’t see schools reopen as normal until January at least.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
I doubt it. A lot of what Boris says or does makes little sense. It would be great if they went back in September. Even better if schools had gone back before pubs and tourism opened but education and getting kids back to school is of little priority to this government. Schools are a public service and cost money to run. Pubs etc generate taxes. I can’t see schools reopen as normal until January at least.
I'm going back in September. Them is the rules! But you are right - it won't be "normal".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (35)
18.23%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.6%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (104)
54.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed