Princessnoddy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi I have applied for a maintenance loan however I want to cancel my loan application for second year, does this mean I’d have to pay all the loans I took for first year back straight away?

Also, I wanted to ask is it possible to get all my letters online only instead of by post, including my entitlement letter?

Thank you
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Princessnoddy)
Hi I have applied for a maintenance loan however I want to cancel my loan application for second year, does this mean I’d have to pay all the loans I took for first year back straight away?

Also, I wanted to ask is it possible to get all my letters online only instead of by post, including my entitlement letter?

Thank you
Hi there, if you contact us we can set a preference for correspondence to be sent via online instead of post but this won't prevent entitlement letters or any system letters being sent in the post.

You can cancel your application online. You don't have to repay anything straight away but you should get your university to contact us to confirm you have withdrawn.
Thanks, Isaac
Princessnoddy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi there, if you contact us we can set a preference for correspondence to be sent via online instead of post but this won't prevent entitlement letters or any system letters being sent in the post.

You can cancel your application online. You don't have to repay anything straight away but you should get your university to contact us to confirm you have withdrawn.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi, So I submitted a application for Tuition fee Loan and maintenance loan however, I don’t want to take out a maintenance loan anymore so I’ve change my application online, does this mean I’ll be sent a new entitlement letter in the post with just my tuition fee loan on it?
Thanks you
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, So I submitted a application for Tuition fee Loan and maintenance loan however, I don’t want to take out a maintenance loan anymore so I’ve change my application online, does this mean I’ll be sent a new entitlement letter in the post with just my tuition fee loan on it?
Thanks you
Hi again, yes if you request £0 Maintenance Loan then a new entitlement letter will be issued, please allow up to 6 weeks for the re assessment.
Thanks, Isaac
Princessnoddy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi again, yes if you request £0 Maintenance Loan then a new entitlement letter will be issued, please allow up to 6 weeks for the re assessment.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi I just wanted to ask if I did not take out a loan would this affect the benefits that my parents receive? Or does my income not effect it?
For example if they got any of the following would:
Universal Credit
Income Support
Housing Benefit
Council Tax Support

Thank you
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi I just wanted to ask if I did not take out a loan would this affect the benefits that my parents receive? Or does my income not effect it?
For example if they got any of the following would:
Universal Credit
Income Support
Housing Benefit
Council Tax Support

Thank you
Good morning, your parents should speak to the organisation that provides these befits to find out this information. We are not linked with the DWP or HMRC so we are unable to advise on benefits.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.13%
I'm not sure (26)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.63%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.12%
I'm not a current university student (269)
47.53%

Watched Threads