The-judge-16
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Which a level would be better to take with biology and geography? Also which one is easier?

Many thanks
Adambrl
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
While I have taken neither of those subjects, my friend took sociology along with biology and geography. She personally regrets the decision, due to the amount of content she needed to learn. Asking people on here shouldn't be your deciding factor as it is all primarily subjective. Have a look at the specification (if you know which exam board it'll be under) and choose the A level you think you'll enjoy the most and/or would help you get into a certain career-path or degree. best of luck!
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
so , I would approach it this way (but you can choose many other ways - this is just an idea)

revision 5 minute video for Sociology https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SlevRIV8jE
revision 5 minutes video for Business https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnFotFIdZQ

see which of these , highly compressed, random website, random people revision guides "SUBJECT CONTENT" appeals to you most.
(don't focus on the presenters personality or their style, just the words and what they mean, can you relate to studying that)

check another two pairs of head-to-head sociology to business YT lectures/overviews - see which content appeals to you most

as something that you can follow now, is likely to be "easier"
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
another way to do it, looking at your question, is to checkout the university A level explorer

Business, Bio & Geo = 24 'likely' degrees

Sports science
Geography
Economics
Business and management studies
Biology
Nursing
Accounting
Marketing
Zoology
Marine and ocean sciences
Agriculture
Comp Sci
law
Finance
Building and surveying
Teaching...

Sociology, Bio & Geo = 23 similar degrees

Nursing
Geography
Sociology
Biology
Sports science
Psychology
law
Economics
Marine and ocean sciences
Teaching
Zoology
pharma
Business and management studies
Social Work
Anthropology
Radiography...etc

( A level explorer https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/a-leve...ociology?o=120 )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (64)
12.31%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.73%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (135)
25.96%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.27%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (251)
48.27%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.46%

Watched Threads