Ofqual - Requirements for the calculation of results in summer 2020

Watch
Lightning720
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ofqual has released a new document with "requirements and guidance to exam boards in relation to the calculation of results to be issued for general qualifications in summer 2020".

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...in-summer-2020
Lightning720
Rep:
?
Not the clearest document in the world, but at least the "standardisation process" part was clear:

"Standardisation process

[Embargoed until 20 August 2020]"
Sweet Heart bab
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lightning720)
Ofqual has released a new document with "requirements and guidance to exam boards in relation to the calculation of results to be issued for general qualifications in summer 2020".

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...in-summer-2020
Hey do u know whether native language als will be accept by med school this year ,as I didn’t see any exclude on their entry requirement ,did not exclude on my offer , and it is definitely not considered as an advantage for me as I didn’t take the test.
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lightning720)
Not the clearest document in the world, but at least the "standardisation process" part was clear:

"Standardisation process

[Embargoed until 20 August 2020]"
That's rather tedious! Annex E and Annex G contain all the juicy details about how standardisation is actually supposed to work. Oh, well! I guess we'll all have to wait until after Results Day, then.
Lightning720
Rep:
?
(Original post by 学生の父)
That's rather tedious! Annex E and Annex G contain all the juicy details about how standardisation is actually supposed to work. Oh, well! I guess we'll all have to wait until after Results Day, then.
I just hope when they reveal the standardisation process (a week after A-Levels results day), they write it in a detailed, yet easy to understand way. A lot of Ofqual's documents haven't been clear (such as the one above).

I am worried about the weighting of historical data. I really hope they realise school cohorts can be vastly different each year, especially in smaller schools.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (165)
25%
Better than expected (133)
20.15%
Worse than expected (362)
54.85%

Watched Threads