The Student Room Group

Student Finance Application

I am just about to apply for student finance. The application process is confusing me. I have n supporting myself for the past 2 years but I am not able to put myself down as independent because it hasn't been 3 years? I live with my brother and we don't support each other. We pay our own bills and I don't have any financial support from my parents. I am 20 years old and support myself.

I have 2 options, say I've supported myself for 3 years or that I haven't? Which are both incorrect answers to me
Reply 1
try the helpline. they put me on hold for ages but eventually got my answer.
Original post by CRebbeca
I am just about to apply for student finance. The application process is confusing me. I have n supporting myself for the past 2 years but I am not able to put myself down as independent because it hasn't been 3 years? I live with my brother and we don't support each other. We pay our own bills and I don't have any financial support from my parents. I am 20 years old and support myself.

I have 2 options, say I've supported myself for 3 years or that I haven't? Which are both incorrect answers to me

Hi,

If you put down you have, they will ask for evidence, which if you can't provide then that wouldn't make sense. If you don't meet any of the indepentant criteria you have two options, 1. recieve just the basic amount of loan or 2. give your parents details.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending